Xbox Music: is it really free?
Oct 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jdubbjr

New Head-Fier
So I just heard about the new xbox music app for windows eight, and supposedly it's free. One hundred percent. You can make playlists and access millions of songs for free. It's sounds way to good to be true, but if it is true, I am definitely there. Does anyone use this, and is it actually free? Also, are the songs good quality?

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 3
If it is free, the quality will most likely be bad so I doubt us audiophiles care too much

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I just got my computer back from HP so I downloaded the app, and it's free and unlimited for six months, after that you're limited to a certain number of hours per month. The only catch is you have to listen to a thirty second advertisement every ten or so songs, sort of like Pandora. The sound quality is actually rather good, much better than Pandora and most songs on Grooveshark. Perhaps it's not "audiophile" quality, but it's certainly on par with good quality mp3 files. I am pleasantly surprised with it. You do have to have an xbox account linked to your Microsoft account to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back