Xbox Controller Mod - Auxiliary Buttons
Dec 22, 2006 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

dcheming

100+ Head-Fier
I added a small momentary pushbutton switch to an original Xbox controller. This is the controller that I use when I play Halo CE/2 and I've set the pushbutton up to be an aux "B" button which is the melee attack in these two games. Compared to the normal way of having to move either my thumb over from the joystick or my index finger up from the right trigger to hit the B button this mod makes the melee attack instantly available. Another benefit is not having to lose control of the joystick (important since I play Southpaw style) or the trigger for a split second every time I want to melee. This allows me to be much more precise and effective in those intense close quarter battles since I can move around, jump, shoot, and melee much easier and smoother now. Highly recommended mod and very cheap ~ $7. The only drawback is that the left rumble motor had to come out to make room for the switch, but I don't play with controller vibration on anyways.

xboxcontrollerauxbswitcwd6.jpg

xboxcontrollerauxbswitcgq8.jpg

xboxcontrollermodstep3bmz7.jpg

xboxcontrollermodstep8rtz6.jpg

Dec 22, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 21
Haha nice job, I see you still use the 'Duke' controller as well
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 21
icon10.gif
Round two:

360controllermodauxbswiry6.jpg

360controllermodauxbswivd0.jpg

I also modded another 360 controller to play permanently SouthPaw style (the way I normally play). This is nice for games that don't allow swapping of the sticks like Oblivion, Doom, and many others I'm sure. I found the procedure for the SouthPaw mod here:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/mods/X...roller-Mod.htm

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 21
lol, I'll never forget at Orlando how this one kid got ejected and banned in the 2nd round of FFA for using one of those. He was so pissed, he had to sit around for the weekend w/o playing. Have you ever tried SouthClaw? Double shots n bxrs are so clean on southyclaw, its unstoppable.

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #8 of 21
"lol, I'll never forget at Orlando how this one kid got ejected and banned in the 2nd round of FFA for using one of those. He was so pissed, he had to sit around for the weekend w/o playing."

Hah, yeah that would suck. I would never use this modded controller during a competition since it is a bit of an unfair advantage.

"Have you ever tried SouthClaw?"

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SouthClaw?
confused.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 21
Nice mods!
The only thing I put in mine are blinding LEDs. Good tactic agains fellow gamers, just point-and-blind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back