Xbox and NAT.... =X
Mar 7, 2010 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chud

500+ Head-Fier
i know there's a decent amount of gamers here......

like a lot of people, judging from google searches, im all of a sudden having problems with a moderate NAT on Xbox Live.

i just recently got a new Netgear N router which is specifically listed as supported on the Xbox site.

UPnP is on.
NAT is set to open.

my laptop is the main computer for all this networking stuff. if i connect my laptop to the router wirelessly, all is well.

if i hardwire it to the router, that's when the NAT goes to moderate on Live.

ive forwarded all the ports that i am supposed to and allowed what i am supposed to allow in Windows Firewall.

am i completely missing something or will i just have to leave the laptop unplugged when im on Live?

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 5
Port Forward the following

Network ports used by Xbox LIVE

Also make sure the Xbox is getting the DHCP IP that the ports are forwarded too. You can also just Port Trigger them that way you dont need to worry about the IP the Xbox is getting. IMO Give the Xbox a Static then put in your router the Xbox Mac for that IP so it always gets that IP then port forward to said IP.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Port Forward the following

Network ports used by Xbox LIVE

did that.

Quote:

IMO Give the Xbox a Static then put in your router the Xbox Mac for that IP so it always gets that IP then port forward to said IP.

did that too.

i just tested it now with no computer hardwired to the router and Live is reporting it as open.

i retested it with the laptop hardwired and it went back to moderate.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did that.

did that too.

i just tested it now with no computer hardwired to the router and Live is reporting it as open.

i retested it with the laptop hardwired and it went back to moderate.

Try Port Triggering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back