Xbox 360 - Project Natal
Nov 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cyberidd

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I don't play a lot of games, and I don't really keep up on new games, systems, and whatever else, but I've been thinking of upgrading from xbox to something else (xbox 360, PS3 or wii) but realised that all those systems have been out for a relatively long time and there would probably be something new coming out in the relatively near future, so I did a quick search and found that sure enough, the people at Microsoft are working on something new: Xbox 360 - Project Natal.

Here are some demos I found on youtube:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I don't know much, but this looks like something that will be a complete game changer
tongue_smile.gif
!

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 8
ah well tech demo's and concept designs, how I love the way we get all dreamy eyed when we see 'em. Will have to wait and see how much of it becomes a reality. Hoping its not a glorified "Eye"

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 8
Looks stupid, I heard about it like a year ago. Do you really find yourself talking to the TV, its just another gimmick to get people playing games its not ment for real gamers.

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 8
Anyone who knows just how unreliable image processing is will know that this is a guaranteed flop from day one. This generation has been extremely depressing, none of the new consoles has been worth getting.

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 8
I don't expect that suddenly people will be playing nothing but controller-less games, most people aren't in good enough shape for that. I do think that this will allow game developers to be more creative with the interactions between players and the game they are playing, and the personal customization that can take place. I also think that even if this isn't entirely technologically viable, even making the creative leap to attempt creating such a system is impressive.
I for one look forward to trying a Project Natal Xbox!

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't expect that suddenly people will be playing nothing but controller-less games, most people aren't in good enough shape for that.

This ain't max intensity aerobics here. The vast majority of the population would be able to stand up and make the motions required for the hour or so an average gameplay session lasts easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back