Xbox 360 owners, do yourself a favor and download the BioShock demo!
Aug 13, 2007 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

LepakVT

100+ Head-Fier
I had very high hopes for this game and was ecstatic when I heard there was a demo this morning. So I did the download and sat down for a great experience! The level of polish put into this game is unbelievable! Everything just FEELS right. It was a weird feeling, even though when I just started it, the whole feel of the game felt so naturally and intuitive. The atmosphere was perfect. The large environments left me searching every nook and cranny for every noise that I heard going on. The graphics are out of this world - the water effects are astounding. The combat is intense, both using melee weapons, guns, and the magic (Plasmids). It was so fun to light a guy on fire then put a pistol round straight through his noggin.

I can't wait till the full game comes out. If the demo was THIS good, the full game is going to be amazing.

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 60
Neat, one of the games I'm actually looking forward to, after playing System Shock 2.
I just hope my dated PC can run the PC version though.
The screenshots look awesome.

And gotta love that they kept the wrench.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 60
I saw a video of System Shock 2 (Bioshock is the sequel right?) and oh my god, that game looks scary as hell. I wouldn't be able to play it....not that that's a bad thing or anything. :p

Hopefully this game will be similar. Unfortunatly my 360 died. (3 red lights
frown.gif
)

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 60
It's kind of a sequel. I believe EA still owns the System Shock name, but they didn't want to do another System Shock, so Irrational went to 2K and put out basically a spiritual successor that is Bioshock. So Bioshock will probably feel a lot like System Shock, but won't have the plot from System Shock, and the setting will be very different. So it isn't a true sequel, but a spiritual successor really. I have been waiting patiently for this to come out and I can not believe the only demo now is on the 360. There is apparently a PC demo that will be out by the end of the month, but no word as to whether it will be out before the game or not.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 60
waiting for the PC version to come out. looks like a really tripped out, creepy game.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 60
I can't wait for this demo to come out for PC! I also hope futureshop does a opening day special like they do for some of the big game releases. Doom 3 came with a free copy of Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life 2 came with a free mouse with a fan inside it, and so I would much like for the trend to continue
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 60
I wanna try this for the PC, but I don't think my video card can handle it. (radeon x800) The requirements list x1300 or better... and I'm not sure how ati's numbering works. Hell, I couldn't even play Splinter Cell: DA.

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #13 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanna try this for the PC, but I don't think my video card can handle it. (radeon x800) The requirements list x1300 or better... and I'm not sure how ati's numbering works. Hell, I couldn't even play Splinter Cell: DA.

the x8<xx> series is once removed from the x1<xxx> series. I myself have an x850xt and plan on jumping across the mile-high wall to the nVidia side--an 8800GTS, to be exact. Should be a nice step-up.

The screen-shots make it look a bit like a cross between F.E.A.R. and HL2. Should be an interesting game.

Aug 13, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The x800 is faster than the x1300, but the x800 series doesn't support Shader Model 3 and the x1300 does. As Bioshock is a SM3 game, it looks like you're SOL.

Aug 13, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #15 of 60
I am holding our for crysis on pc...but I will be getting this for the 360

Users who are viewing this thread

Back