xba h1?
Jan 3, 2014 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bauer24

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy the H1, but I am not sure if it will satisfy me.

I have the original XBA-1 where I found it too flat with not enough bass. The sound was also very fatiguing to me for some reason.

I have the xb30ex which I liked for the bass, but the clarity needs some work.

From H1, H2, H3, which do you guys think will satisfy me the most? (in terms of "bassiness")

Thank you for inputs!

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 10
I have XBA-H1 it's has good bass but it lacks highs. I heard lots of good things about H3. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 10
Yeah I suppose. But it's worth it. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 10
I didn't have XBA series before. I don't think I'll upgrade to H3. I may look for other alternatives. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #9 of 10
  I didn't have XBA series before. I don't think I'll upgrade to H3. I may look for other alternatives. 

I just realized you have the xb30. You think I should upgrade to the H1? The xb30 has the right amount of bass for me. How does the H1 compare?

^what worries me is the downgrade of the driver from the 13.5 mm in the xb30 to the 9mm in the H1

+ the Klipsch S4, which one of the three do you like better?

I know the H1 is the clearest for all 3. So I guess this is only a bass comparison.

(lol sorry for bombardment of questions)

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 10

I just realized you have the xb30. You think I should upgrade to the H1? The xb30 has the right amount of bass for me. How does the H1 compare?

^what worries me is the downgrade of the driver from the 13.5 mm in the xb30 to the 9mm in the H1

+ the Klipsch S4, which one of the three do you like better?

I know the H1 is the clearest for all 3. So I guess this is only a bass comparison.

(lol sorry for bombardment of questions)

Bass is way more than XB30EX but H1 has warm sound. Klipsch S4a has a V shape sound which I kinda like more. So I have to tweak the eq of H1 for my liking I like to boost the treble. But I think my H1 is defective because it's after 2 weeks it started to sound strange. The voice vibrates at heavy bass I need to check with the Sony service center.  

P.S. I'm not expert in this area or not qualified to answer most of these questions, it's just my opinion. Maybe a senior member can answer better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back