XBA-A1 / EPH-100 / x11
Nov 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LazerBear

Head-Fier
Hey all, just looking for a quick opinion, I have an opportunity to get one of the following IEMs at about the same price and not really sure which to go with. I'm looking for a good all-rounder, not completely flat but not super V-shaped either. I listen to all genres (metal, classical, house, dance, reggae, rock) but pop. Any input is really appreciated!

Sony XBA-A1 (since they're just out let's say they're equivalent to H1): dual hybrid drivers, in-line mic, good build, slightly pricier
Yamaha EPH-100: metal build, microdynamic driver, crappy strain reliefs
Klipsch x11: BA driver, very small, slightly pricier
(Klipsch x7: BA driver, ceramic housing)

Thanks for the help!

Feb 4, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 2
Hey all, just looking for a quick opinion, I have an opportunity to get one of the following IEMs at about the same price and not really sure which to go with. I'm looking for a good all-rounder, not completely flat but not super V-shaped either. I listen to all genres (metal, classical, house, dance, reggae, rock) but pop. Any input is really appreciated!

Sony XBA-A1 (since they're just out let's say they're equivalent to H1): dual hybrid drivers, in-line mic, good build, slightly pricier
Yamaha EPH-100: metal build, microdynamic driver, crappy strain reliefs
Klipsch x11: BA driver, very small, slightly pricier
(Klipsch x7: BA driver, ceramic housing)

Thanks for the help!

HI
I have the A1 and the Yamaha. Of the two I prefer the A1 as a more complete package. Both sound dynamic and detailed enough for the price range, but the A1 has a better build quality and comfort factor going for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back