XB700 + ZO2?
Mar 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Scrib

New Head-Fier
I have a XB700 and have loved it on my laptop. However when I want to use it portably I find it's disappointing simply because I can't eq it the way I want (I have an ipod),  It sounds duller and the sub-bass that I love on it just doesn't come out unless I crank the volume to unacceptable levels. 

I bought a Fiio E11 to fix this very problem but it barely does better and may even be worse because I can't tell when the volume is cranked up too high. When I have both the Fiio's and Ipod's bass boost on it's tolerable but otherwise it's not as good as I know it can be. I have a nagging sensation that some of my friends may have spoiled the headphones a bit when they turned the volume knob all the way up. I could hear the cans vibrating and I was nowhere near them.

So I was wondering if anyone knew any good portable amps to use with the XB700 that would really bring out the bass. Preferably in the <$100 dollar range, but I'll make an exception if it's good enough.

I was originally looking at the ZO2 but after my experiences with the E11 I think I'll ask first and check peoples impressions.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back