X5L case mods?
May 15, 2006 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kasp3r

500+ Head-Fier
Is their a case mod similar to the ZenM? The altoid case is genius! I just dont want to get a ZM for 180 bucks when 100$ more I can get 30 gigs...

If there isnt that sucks, mabey we can think of one!

May 15, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 7
hmm...seeing that the x5 is quite abit larger than the zenmicro, I dont think you can find an altiod that can fit the x5, nor can you find something thats more scratch resistent than the x5s case as it is...

May 15, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Is their any difference with the zen micro mp3 player & zen micro mp3 photo one. I dunno if their is.

I just cant find a decent price for a Zenmicro? Like the White is 70 bucks more then the black.

If anyone can find a zen Micro (black,silver or white) under 160 Bucks then that be great.

May 15, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 7
I own an X5 and one of it's great features is that you probably won't require a case, you can put it in your pocket with coins or even keys and it won't scratch the casing, the screen on the other hand does need a protector to stay scratch free, I can't help you ther though.

May 15, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 7
It's not as protective as an altoid tin, but I modified a case I had for my 4th gen 60gb ipod photo to fit the x5L, since they're both about the same size (x5L a bit thicker). I just cut a circle out for the x5L's joystick, and a part on the side for the buttons. Works well and it was like $5 off of ebay.

Black.jpg

May 15, 2006 at 12:36 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
It's not as protective as an altoid tin, but I modified a case I had for my 4th gen 60gb ipod photo to fit the x5L, since they're both about the same size (x5L a bit thicker). I just cut a circle out for the x5L's joystick, and a part on the side for the buttons. Works well and it was like $5 off of ebay.

Black.jpg

that is pretty sweet. I wouldt even notice it if it was a ipod cover, well mabey the circle but that is nice.

May 16, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 7
Why does no one have tosihba gigabeat? they are around 170 bucks and 40 gigs. I would think that is a steal conserding a 30 gig ipod is around 300 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back