X5iii - not fit for purpose
May 2, 2017 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

chasmore

Head-Fier
I am so frustrated with this thing. Since I started using it last week I have had nothing but problems. TO be clear I bought it for two reasons - sound quality and capacity. I have some 60,000 songs and want them all on my gadget and the way I listen to my music on the go is with it on random. some may say why do you need that many songs on it at any given time and some may say that is a silly way to listen to music. so what - i's how I choose ot do it and when I buy an expensive piece of kit that says it can provide that to me then I am entitlted to be mighty annoyed when it can't.

If I put all my music on it just won't work - it won't play anything and it will ocasionally throw up the incredibly irritating "sorry exception occurs message". it works fine with 5000 songs on it but I did not buy something which promises 512GB of usable capacity to only use a fraction of it.

I have finally got it working with half my music on but with the incredibly irritating 15-20 second gap between songs.

I am on the latest firmware and am using Samsung Evo + micro sds.

I would welcome someone explaining why the operation of this thing is so poor and how I can get it working properly before I take my hammer to it in frustration!

(I have posted this on Fiio's own website forum as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back