x5 & x5L?
May 5, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 15
The X5 has a 14 hour battery life, and the X5L has a 35 hour battery life
wink.gif

May 5, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 15
not really 100 dollars.

a 30 gig x5L is going around 289$ right now at newegg. Its more like 30 more dollars.

May 5, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj
is the battery life the only difference btw them. then it's not really worth the extra 100 or so dollars.

o btw is iaudio a brand of its own or is it under cowon?

The only other difference is that the X5 can come in 20, 30 or 60GB while the X5L only comes in 20 or 30Gb.

and iAudio is what the Cowon players are called - similar to how Apple's are all iPod (iPod Nano, iPod Video, etc..)

May 5, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r
not really 100 dollars.

a 30 gig x5L is going around 289$ right now at newegg. Its more like 30 more dollars.

hmmm...on amazon, the 30 gig x5 goes for $279.99 and the 30 gig x5l costs $359.99. why is there such a big diff in price? too bad newegg charges tax in ca. with tax and shipping, it comes out to be about the same price as amazon.

does anyone actually prefer x5 over x5L because of its smaller size? or do most ppl feel that a thicker body is a good sacrifice for the longer battery life?

May 5, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 15
I personally wanted the extra battery life and was glad to go for the X5L.

To me I've not really noticed it being that bulky... but then I went from a PCDP to this as my first DAP so to me it wasn't actually that large at all.

May 5, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

hmmm...on amazon, the 30 gig x5 goes for $279.99 and the 30 gig x5l costs $359.99. why is there such a big diff in price? too bad newegg charges tax in ca. with tax and shipping, it comes out to be about the same price as amazon.

does anyone actually prefer x5 over x5L because of its smaller size? or do most ppl feel that a thicker body is a good sacrifice for the longer battery life?

zipzoomfly.com is selling one some for $296.00 and shipping is free or 1.99 for 2 day delivery. Tho free shipping takes 5-7 days to get their.

Im getting mine at zipzoomfly.

btw at amazon it was almost as much as newegg, a little bit cheaper, then like the next day it jumped alot more.

May 6, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 15
The X5L is plenty small. Not Nano small, that is, but it's pretty small. It does have a delicate joystick though, so it's not ideal to carry it around in your pocket.

May 7, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
The X5L is plenty small. Not Nano small, that is, but it's pretty small. It does have a delicate joystick though, so it's not ideal to carry it around in your pocket.

o really...never heard that problem before. does anyone know where i can check out the x5 or the x5l in the bay area? best buy?

May 7, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 15
I've kept my X5L in my pocket almost every weekday since I bought it early this year, and the joystick still feels solid. It's a great player, and, IMO, better than the iPod video. And yes, I have used the Video before (actually three of them) and I still think the X5 is a superior product. I even have a friend that might sell his Video for an X5 or an A2 after seeing my X5L.

May 8, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

o really...never heard that problem before. does anyone know where i can check out the x5 or the x5l in the bay area? best buy?

According to Cowon's website, the nearest places are all in L.A. area. I am planning on going down to LA early next month to attend the Stereophile show and will probably swing by one of these places to check out the X5. And if I like what I see and hear, I'll pick up a 60GB version.

May 8, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #14 of 15
Funnily enough, a German magazin (don't remember which), gave a bit better sound quality to the x5 over the x5l in independent tests... I don't really think they can sound different...

May 8, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cribeiro
Funnily enough, a German magazin (don't remember which), gave a bit better sound quality to the x5 over the x5l in independent tests... I don't really think they can sound different...

I was always led to believe that the only difference between the X5 & X5l is a larger case for the larger battery on the X5l.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back