x5 owner hp question HELP :D
Sep 22, 2007 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Malakei

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there guys, as im sure your all aware. Many have claimed problems with the LO on the x5. Not sure wether my new LOD will solve the problem or not. However, if my amped LOD doesnt seem to make any difference in the sound, im going to have to start looking for a pair of cans that can be properly and cleanly driven by the x5s HPO.

Question is, from those of you with experience with difference cans on te x5 HPO, which do you say brings out the best in the x5 sound?? Right now my sr80s are being fixed and ive been using senn hd500s, however i have a pair of akg 240s 1 32ohm and 1 600ohm to fiddle with if anyone has experience with them.

Budget is as follows, Seeing as how i will have to either sell my amp and cables for the LO option, that will probably fund me another 100 bux, however assuming i keep them in case i get another dap in the futre witha good LO, i would like to keep the cans between 150-200dollars, if i can get something worlds better for 250-300 i may consider it.

Ideas?? Suggesrtions?? Experiences with their cans on the x5 HPO???

Thanks again in advance guys for helping me out.

Cheers, and happy listening
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm a proud owner X5. I can tell you few things only based on my experience.

I'm using KSC-75 with X5 most of the time. KSC-75 is my favorite for portable listening. If you like clip-on phone then KSC-75 will not disappoint you. If you are not interested in clip-ons, then my next recommendation would be Sennheiser PX-100. This headphone is very comfortable to wear IMHO and SQ is excellent.

Don't look for spending $200 dollar phones for listening to X5's HP out (saying this because you have ruled out the amp option). Just < $60 phones would do the job. Unamped HP out of X5 can only drive low impedance phones like PX-100. I tried SR-60 but not very satisifed with the experience.

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 4
The X5 does surprisingly well with the K240 (600 ohm). Not extremely loud, but definitely loud enough. Sound very good, but not really heavy on the bass.
The HD600 do very well. Period, actually. They are not very good for portable use, but the X5 has no problem with them whatsoever.
For portable I use the K81DJ. Less refined than the K240, but lots of fun. And good solid bass...

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the suggestion kees, i think im gonna go try out my 240s on the x5 hpo and see how it sounds. if its not loud enough ill try the 32 ohm 240 im sure they will play fine. I tried the 600ohm 240s with a h120 and my LDM+ before and they STILL couldnt get to a reasonably loud listening volume. Id be suprised to see them get loud enough from just the unamped HPO but ill definately try. thanks for the input guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back