X3 DX50 C3 etc vs IMOD ipod
Dec 26, 2013 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

du2711

New Head-Fier
Hi I wonder if you think imodded iPods still stack up against the new players in terms of sound quality? I currently have a Colorfly C3 which I really like for its clear, neutral sound, but…. the UI can drive me crazy…and I look on with envy at my daughter scrolling through her iPod with easy and no glitches. I then look at the Basso DX50 with all it firmware updates and problems….. and so found on Ebay a person in Turkey with very good reviews who does modded iPods :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ipod-Video-Modding-Imod-Diymod-Conversion-Service-/251306223298?pt=US_Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a8304a6c2

Anyone think this is a good way to go? OR would I miss out on sound quality compared to - say- the x3 or DX50 (which would cost about the same). I love the C3 sound so am wary of a backwards step, but am fed up with its overly simple (and temperamental) UI, but on the other hand don't want to go for another model with lots of UI problems.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 2
Ipod's interfaces aren't everything. That scrollwheel drives me mental. Add to that the fact that a standard ipod doesn't play flac or ape...

Having said that, the 4th-5.5th gen ipod classics are capable of good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back