X10?
Feb 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Neijii

100+ Head-Fier
So my S4i broke again. I love the sound but I don't find them durable.  I picked up the NE-700x and it doesn't fit my ear well at all.

The x10s can be had for $125 on amazon, you think it's worth it with competition to get these.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 8
For years, my go to gym headphone has been the Koss PortaPro.  A number of times, I tried replacing them with a pair of UE Super Fi Pros or Triple Fis but the UE IEMS would just not stay in my ears while I was exercising.  Recently, I picked up a pair of X10s (Black Friday or Cyber Monday, I can't remember.) and they have pretty much become my " go to" gym headphone. For variety, I alternate them with my V-Moda M 80s, a solid new entry in the high end of portable on ear headphones.  I like my X10s.  Not extremely comfortable like some report but they are acceptable.  Sound is very pleasing with punchy bass and nothing objectionable in the mids or treble.  For a single driver, they sound pretty damn good.  They actually stay in my ears, a very important consideration.  Sound isolation is excellent.  At the Amazon sales prices as of late, I consider them a bargain.  I find the medium tips work best overall.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks a lot for your answer.  Have you heard the S4? I wonder if it just sounds like a better version of that.

I'll be ordering a pair tonight, trying to decide.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 8
I haven't heard the x4 but if you have time to do some online research, I am pretty sure that there are comparisons out there.  It's reasonable to assume that Klipsch' IEMs probably share a sonic signature and it looks like the x4 and x10 share the same proprietary tips.  So the fit is probably close.  As far as sonics, it you like the x4, then it is not a stretch to think that you would like the x10s even more.  Good luck with your decision.  I wasn't familiar with the x10 and took a leap of faith.  I have no regrets.

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi, I owned both the S4 and the X10 in the past (still own the S4, returned the X10), and I don't really recommend the X10. They're really small and comfy, but this also means their built quality is very questionable. Also, the cable is the same as the S4. The X10's sound signature is very similar to the S4, except the bass isn't as boomy and they're more detailed. Overall, I would say they're better than the S4, but not by much. 

Just like you, I loved my S4's sound until I bought a pair of TF10. Since then, I barely use them since the TF10s made me realise that the S4 really lack details. 

If comfort>sound/durability for you, then the X10 would be a good choice
If sound/durability>comfort for you, then I'm confident you can find better for a similar prince. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #7 of 8
Xander, have you tried shure olives on them?  Found I got a better fit with the image x1's (similar form factor)than the ovals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back