X10 sound signiture with Shure Olives, Comply's and Sony Hybrids
Feb 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bunsco

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

This is primarily aimed at X10 users, as that's what im using.

I wanted to canvas opinion on the general effect the different buds have on the sound signature of IEMs - in this case the Klipsch X10.

Some here suggest mainly Shure Olives or Comply T100's - I followed the suggestion of using Sony Hybrids as my ears just couldn't get used to the Klipsch buds (weird i know, as comfort is one of the X10s main attributes).

What I've experienced so far with the Sony Hybrids is that it seems to open up the sonic spectrum of the X10s from the mids to the highs, the mid are brought to the fore noticeably more and the highs have a bit more sparkle - which to some would seem like the ideal for the X10s which places heavy emphasis on those gorgeously deep and liquid lows.

But for all that I cant help that it is at the sacrifice just a touch of the 'fun' the X10 give as an audio experience - making them sound more neutral - which isn't bad - but the luscious slightly warm bottom end appears to have gone a bit missing, making dance, electronic a little less fun - though classical - which was a no-no as far as the X10 is concerned is at least bearable with the Sony Hybrids.

Any opinions given most appreciated.

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 3
I started enjoying my X10 much better when I went with the Sony hybrid tips. For one, I got just a little bit better fit and they did open the sound up. I also noticed I had a deeper bass with the hybrid tips.

I think the Klipsch tips were a little more comfortable, but by a very very slim margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back