X10 from Ebay
Sep 27, 2008 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

rev3al

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just want to ask you guys if anyone of you has any experience with buying Klipsch Image X10 from ebay? I mean if there might be some fake Images from China. Thanks.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 11
As Tranzaddict said, no warranties for ebay purchases. However, with some winning auctions dipping below $150 recently, it just might be worth it (especially since you can get a SquareTrade warranty instead). FWIW, I have never heard any reports of fake Klipsch earphones.

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Tranzaddict said, no warranties for ebay purchases. However, with some winning auctions dipping below $150 recently, it just might be worth it (especially since you can get a SquareTrade warranty instead). FWIW, I have never heard any reports of fake Klipsch earphones.

Hate to disagree, but some of these sellers are offering new, in-the-box Images, Triple=-Fis, etc. You buy the product, go on line, enter the manufacturer's numbers in teh warranty information area of their website,and you're totally covered by the warranty.

have purchased several items like this on ebay and warranty information and coverage is no problem at all.

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 11
I've yet to see a pair of X10's for less than $200 on ebay.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've yet to see a pair of X10's for less than $200 on ebay.

It's rare, but there was definitely a moment when a couple auctions ended in the $130 range (plus shipping).
eek.gif
I was monitoring them in "My eBay"...Hold on a sec...See here and here.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 11
are you sure they were the X10??? Nowhere mentioned in the auction item. There are a couple on ebay now I'm eyeing, but they aren't explicitly stated to be X10. So dunno.

Oct 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you sure they were the X10??? Nowhere mentioned in the auction item. There are a couple on ebay now I'm eyeing, but they aren't explicitly stated to be X10. So dunno.

They look like X10s.

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 11
Fake images from China? Well IIRC the original Images are from China as well, nowadays mainly all products we see are made in China...It could be one possibility that they may slip the factory, or fall down from a truck during the distribution process...

Oct 27, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hate to disagree, but some of these sellers are offering new, in-the-box Images, Triple=-Fis, etc. You buy the product, go on line, enter the manufacturer's numbers in teh warranty information area of their website,and you're totally covered by the warranty.

have purchased several items like this on ebay and warranty information and coverage is no problem at all.

Might this bee the case with non warranty Images from amazon or other seller as well, or only from ebay? I have no experiance with these kind of things..

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #11 of 11
One thing I noticed is that they do not have a serial number and price tag...
Mine came with a serial number + price tag says $349.9...
The ones ends with 130+, they are probably the same product, but did not went through the proper distribution, might be stolen products from the manufacture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back