X-RAY V3 verus Cyrus 6X
Apr 15, 2006 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

INGRAMLI

100+ Head-Fier
which one sound better?
and are their cost differs a lot?
confused.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 12
A Cyrus CD6X does not exist, is it a Cyrus CD6 or CD6s u are looking for info on?

Apr 15, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 12
sorry for that, it should be 6s
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 12
I have auditioned about a dozen of CDP in that price range (including Cyrus 6 and Cyrus 8 with or without external PSU) and found the MF x-ray v3 much better than than anything else. So I bought it without exitations and am very happy with it.
I definetely recommend it, also considering its small footprint and the fact that it is easily found at good prices second hand.
Having said that the Cyrus CDP are quite good too

Apr 16, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
I have auditioned about a dozen of CDP in that price range (including Cyrus 6 and Cyrus 8 with or without external PSU) and found the MF x-ray v3 much better than than anything else. So I bought it without exitations and am very happy with it.
I definetely recommend it, also considering its small footprint and the fact that it is easily found at good prices second hand.
Having said that the Cyrus CDP are quite good too

Can the X-RAY beat the Cyrus 8x with the X-DAC working together?
k1000smile.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 12
i mean the X-RAY+X-DAC verus Cyrus 8x
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by INGRAMLI
biggrin.gif

If you are talking about the MF x-DAC, frankly I was not impressed at all and don't think would ever improve in any way either the x-ray or the Cyrus 8. Besides it practically needs the X-PSU to work correctly, which bring the bill over the price of the Lavry DA10, a much, much better DAC IMO (but it still doesn't really improve the X-ray v.3).
If you are talking about the Cyrux DAC, I cannot tell you, as I have never heard it

Apr 16, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 12
Get one on Ebay in the UK and ask Cyrus to change the voltage to 110v, I would be willing to help a US head-fier out if need be.

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by INGRAMLI
biggrin.gif

Is there any way you can audition each (or better, both) brands where you are? I normally try to audition gears before plonking down my cash, (except for headphones whose opinions/reviews are plentiful here and I can conveniently resell them if I don't like them). Most Cyrus owners remain satisfied with their chosen brand (inc me), but I have heard of a few who ended up going elsewhere. That's why it's important to audition to make sure that you yourself like what you are buying.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back