X-PSU
Sep 10, 2001 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dngl

He'd rather show hisbuns than wear fur.
if a person had a power conditioner, would that eliminate the need of an X-PSU for maximal X-Ponent performance?

Sep 10, 2001 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 5
No, not entirely. In addition to a lower noise floor, the PSU supposely is able to deliver more instantaneous current, which a power conditioner could not do.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a DIY PSU, as the X-PSU seems over priced - I think it's only a transformer in a can.

Sep 11, 2001 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't think the price is that high in comparison to what others charge such as HeadRoom. Also, the XPSU is designed to drive up to 4 MF X units such as the X-10D, X-PRE and X-CANS and X-DAC.

You can usually pick one up used for about 50% off if you look hard.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2001 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by BenG
No, not entirely. In addition to a lower noise floor, the PSU supposely is able to deliver more instantaneous current, which a power conditioner could not do.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a DIY PSU, as the X-PSU seems over priced - I think it's only a transformer in a can.

The other reason for the x-psu is because the crappy wallwart plug transformers that come with the x-ponents are next to useless. They are red hot to the touch within half an hour of turning on. There was no way I could feel confident about leaving that on all evening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back