X-Japan
Aug 31, 2003 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
Toshi's voice is unique though. I guess it's an acquired taste to some.

Aug 31, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 11
art of life = greatness

ever heard the 30 min live version?
eek.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 8:58 AM Post #4 of 11
Blue Blood, Dahlia, and Art of Life are awesome. I tend to like unique vocalists a lot. I have yet to check out Luna Sea though...

Sep 2, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, great band... Very hard to find their albums today. I also especially like their ballads - Forever Love, Rose of Pain, Tears...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 11
has any of their music been released on dvd-a or SACD?

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 11
Man, that brings back memories. X used to be one of my favorite bands, I was really struck by their technicality and the sincerity behind their ballads in high school. I haven't listened to them for several years though. Some of my favorites were Forever Love, Art of Life, Rose of Pain, Kurenai, Endless Rain, Tears and Silent Jealousy. Dahlia has some pretty bitchin' drumming too.

In the end, I recognize Luna Sea as the better band from that era. X was content to polish their sound while Luna Sea went off in more interesting directions. I still pop Style and Mother in the CD player from time to time.

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 11
Ahh...I love this band. They're a Japanese metal/power-metal band from the later 80s/earlier 90s. They write both power-metal and a speedier variant of metal. Personally, I enjoy their ballads the most.
smily_headphones1.gif
Is anyone else a fan of this band, and if so, can they recommend some more music like this?

Edit: You may have heard their song "Forever Love" during the credits of X - The Movie (anime.) I haven't seen the movie, as I hear it's crap, but I know the song is in the credits.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #10 of 11
I used to like them but honestly, there just aren't enough songs. Sso my fav J-Rock band is Luna Sea. Their music is not similar at all though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back