X Japan
Feb 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Nenso

100+ Head-Fier
I only started listening to their I.V. rip from the SAW IV DVD. and I must say.

Amazing. Toshi is singing better than ever with his soothing voice. Yoshiki still has the energy to perform like he did before. Heath and Pata are back and in good shape. Hide.. they added some of his recorded guitar trax that have never been released.

The song is best at the ending, when Yoshiki adds in the piano part. If X Japan did not have Yoshiki playing the piano, I wouldn't like them much. =\

Anyone else enjoy X?

Feb 15, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #2 of 12
I like X Japan. Although it will never be the same without Hide, I still plan on listening. If they can still come out with good music, then I think that it will somehow workout in the end. I wonder who will "fill in" for him. Also, I hope that in their touring plans that they come to the mid-West in the United States.

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 12
I'm a lover of X Japan as well But Can't seem to find their damn albums by them self ): I hope they re-release their individual CD's.

Feb 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 12
I got introduced to them by a friedna nd love them
biggrin.gif
One of the few rock bands I really like..

Feb 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 12
I love X Japan. I've basically imported their entire discography.

The reunion... I'm not sure about that part.
frown.gif
IV is a good song, not AMAZING, though... And honestly? For me, the whole draw to X Japan was hide. His personality, his guitar work, his song contributions, and even solo song writing. Without him alive in the reunited band it just tarnishes the experience for me. I'm not the biggest Yoshiki fan. Nothing against him, but I just don't care for pianists, or composers in general. I'm also not a drummer either, so... Even though I think Yoshiki is at his best behind a drum kit, he still doesn't 'make' the band for me.

Yeah... I realize that IV has hide's guitar parts on there, but still. The song is lackluster nonetheless. Toshi's singing is still ace, but the other problem with the reunion is that Toshi refuses to play any of the violent songs anymore, only the ballads live. Kind of... Lame. Surprising that he can still sing as good as ever, though.

Mar 2, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 12
This might be bending forum rules a bit (is downloading albums not distributed in your home country considered piracy here?), but there IS a torrent out there with nearly the entire X-Japan catalog in FLAC. I managed to grab it. Good stuff. Not much for the ballads, but the more rockin' stuff is pretty good.

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 12
Huge fan here.
For me the best album was Blue Blood. After that good stuff, but still nothing close to Blue Blood. Liked also Hide with spread beaver.
Let's see what kind of album they will release. If possible i will go and see them live. Hope they come in some country in europe. I'm at least keeping my thumbs up.

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 12
overrated imo I only have the dahlia album soo....They aren't that different from the other band I listen but the music is pretty weak imo.

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #11 of 12
Art of Life is pretty decent, if you're into 30-minute prog/power-metal epics. But in general, yeah, kinda overrated. Not bad, just not among my favorites.

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love X Japan. I've basically imported their entire discography.

The reunion... I'm not sure about that part.
frown.gif
IV is a good song, not AMAZING, though... And honestly? For me, the whole draw to X Japan was hide. His personality, his guitar work, his song contributions, and even solo song writing. Without him alive in the reunited band it just tarnishes the experience for me. I'm not the biggest Yoshiki fan. Nothing against him, but I just don't care for pianists, or composers in general. I'm also not a drummer either, so... Even though I think Yoshiki is at his best behind a drum kit, he still doesn't 'make' the band for me.

Yeah... I realize that IV has hide's guitar parts on there, but still. The song is lackluster nonetheless. Toshi's singing is still ace, but the other problem with the reunion is that Toshi refuses to play any of the violent songs anymore, only the ballads live. Kind of... Lame. Surprising that he can still sing as good as ever, though.

Where can one download it from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back