X-fi XtremeMusic just installed - WOW
Mar 10, 2007 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

mikeymad

1000+ Head-Fier
Dude,

Just got my XtremeMusic from NewEgg. And I guess that I never expected the quality level that I am listeining to in the first few moments.
blink.gif
I am use to SACD and analog as my source. Running some 'ape' XTC files through it right now and I have stepped into the music. That is just with my desktop speakers. I will be very interested to have my O2's hooked up later this evening. Need a bigger drive for the flac material that I will be gathering (3T to 5T should cover it)

Computer as a third source may work out in the long run. Worth the purchase so far.

Cheers,

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 34
yup, the x-fi xtreme music + logitech z5450 makes me very happy

a definate improvement over my SB live + itrige 2300

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #7 of 34
I actually want to get rid of my X-fi Xtrememusic.

For reasons entirely unrelated to audio quality though, I was always quite happy with that however, I'm quite disappointed with the amount of connectors that the xtrememusic gives me without buying additional parts. Creative Labs also has pretty poor driver support, but its mostly the connector thing.

I don't understand why other companies can give 2 or 3 digital in/out and line in/mic in onboard when Creative insists on rolling them all into a single output that needs a breakout box.

Well, I understand why, it's so they can suck more money out of you, but honestly, I would rather give the money to someone else.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #8 of 34
Heh, the x-fi is not so bad after all, is it?

You should try an EMU card next. Or, better yet, Lynx L22
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 34
why would he upgrade if he is happy with his X-fi???

It´s a great card you won´t get any earth shattering difference above that for sure...

If you are happy with what you hear save money and don´t upgrade.

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #10 of 34
I am in the market for a XtremeMusic. I am glad to hear your review/opinion about it. I think i'll be happy with it too.

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 34
It definately wowed me the first time (well actually not as much as you, because I had read all the reviews about how it crackles, so the first thing I looked for was crackling instead of enjoying the new amazing sound).

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see the X-Fi Xtreme Music listed on Newegg, do you have a link?

Sorry, been away for a little bit (listening to many things).
gs1000.gif

You are correct. I just took a look and it is not out there now. Mine turned out to be an open box sale. No, issues so far. Good luck.

Cheers,

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It definately wowed me the first time (well actually not as much as you, because I had read all the reviews about how it crackles, so the first thing I looked for was crackling instead of enjoying the new amazing sound).

I guess that I have not pushed to crackle levels yet. I better get at it.
basshead.gif

Cheers,

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #14 of 34
nice..im using xfi too? what setting did u use? entertainment mode? 96khz? etc?

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #15 of 34

Users who are viewing this thread

Back