X-Fi Xtreme Music or Juli@ PCI Audio Card?
Aug 3, 2006 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DrDobs

Head-Fier
I've made the decision to purchase one of these two cards but now not so sure which one to buy.

I rarely use my card for gaming but wouldn't mind the flexibility of doing so occasionally. Mostly use computer for playing audio and I'll only be using the analog out on this card, so the internal DAC is a factor.

My equipment is a pair of AV123 XL-S Bookshelf speakers driven by a Pioneer Elite A-35R Amplifier. I presume the DAC is a little better on the Juli@ card, but wondering if it'll make a difference consideirng my equipment is good, but not GREAT.

All things being equal, the price of the cards are pretty close and since the X-Fi card will likely have better driver support and the ability for games to take advantage, it would seem like the favorite. However, do you think the quality of audio coming out of the Juli@ will be superior?

Jon

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 4
I used to have Prodigy 7.1LT (almost similar to juli@, albeit losing the DAC part) and thru my worse setup back then (thru my Audigy 2ZS), a noticeable change is noted..so with ur good setup, im sure by juli@, u would hear improvement..the magnitude is uncertain however.

The Audigy compared to XFi XM is not a strato upgrade..never heard of one, but aside from the Audigy drawback of resamplinge verything, i think they sound very very similar.

Correct me if im wrong, im a noob

Aug 4, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Wow, then the Juli@ it is I suppose! I'm looking forward to it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back