x-fi users
Jan 6, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 8
AFAIK Crystalizer is meant to "improve" MP3s through some psychoacoustic EQ tricks. I don't use it since I primarily listen to FLAC and none of my MP3s are <192kbps.

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 8
The only time I turn it on is when i have some jazz going through my speakers and really want the percussion to shimmer(does make the cymbals sound really nice)... I'd never use it with a headphone setup, I believe some people did tests and proved that the crystalizer actually degrades sound quality.

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 8
X-fi does internal resampling to 48KHz. Normally your files are 44.1 KHz unless you ripped them from DVD-A. Bit-perfect prevents this resampling. You don't really have to bother, since the X-fi resampler, unlike the one in Audigy 2, is very good--the signal to noise ratio is -130dB (!!!)--but some enable it (bit-perfect output) just for the peace of mind (myself too
smily_headphones1.gif
but I can't tell the difference). Digit-life has a good article on X-fi and crystalizer. Scroll a bit down to "sound cards" section, there are 4 parts to the review.

Jan 7, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X-fi does internal resampling to 48KHz. Normally your files are 44.1 KHz unless you ripped them from DVD-A. Bit-perfect prevents this resampling. You don't really have to bother, since the X-fi resampler, unlike the one in Audigy 2, is very good--the signal to noise ratio is -130dB (!!!)--but some enable it just for the peace of mind (myself too
smily_headphones1.gif
but I can't tell the difference). Digit-life has a good article on X-fi and crystalizer. Scroll a bit down to "sound cards" section, there are 4 parts to the review.

X-Fi can do bit-perfect output as well.

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Yes, I definitely do
biggrin.gif
, guess I should have worded my post better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back