X-Fi to Juli@ Questions
Sep 1, 2006 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

neonextgenazn

100+ Head-Fier
1. How should I go about changing sound cards on my desktop? Should I just delete every program that the X-Fi software installed and then install the Juli@ drivers?

2. My rca cable from BJC has a red end and a brown end. Which color goes into which rca analog output (left or right) on the Juli@?

Thanks guys!

Sep 1, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by neonextgenazn
1. How should I go about changing sound cards on my desktop? Should I just delete every program that the X-Fi software installed and then install the Juli@ drivers?

download the latest juli@ drivers from the mfr's site. uninstall everything that is associated with your x-fi. power down. pull the x-fi card and install you juli@. install drivers from wherever you saved the downloaded ones.

Quote:

2. My rca cable from BJC has a red end and a brown end. Which color goes into which rca analog output (left or right) on the Juli@?

you've got several options in hooking up your juli@ but since you asked about your rca connection i'll stick to that. industry standard is red means right. it doesn't really matter which color gets plugged into which side as long as your consistent on both ends (if you have rca to rca). meaning, go ahead and plug red into the left out as long as on the other end you plug red into left in. if you have rca to mini then you definitely want to plug red into right rca out since that is how it is wired to the mini plug.

Sep 1, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05
download the latest juli@ drivers from the mfr's site. uninstall everything that is associated with your x-fi. power down. pull the x-fi card and install you juli@. install drivers from wherever you saved the downloaded ones.

you've got several options in hooking up your juli@ but since you asked about your rca connection i'll stick to that. industry standard is red means right. it doesn't really matter which color gets plugged into which side as long as your consistent on both ends (if you have rca to rca). meaning, go ahead and plug red into the left out as long as on the other end you plug red into left in. if you have rca to mini then you definitely want to plug red into right rca out since that is how it is wired to the mini plug.

Thanks a lot! So I don't even need to use the cd included with the Juli@ right?

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

What does Julapan.exe in the new drivers folder do?

As explained in another thread, it's the control panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back