X-Fi Titanium Vs. X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
Oct 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GotNoRice

100+ Head-Fier
I recently upgraded my computer to a Crossfire motherboard, which cut down on my available PCI slots. I was using an Audigy 2 ZS before that which I would have happily kept using if I had not run out of slots. I used to have an EMU0404 PCI soundcard in my computer also and ran the two cards together but ran into a similar issue of running out of PCI slots last year. I moved the 0404 to my server computer, where it still essentially performs the same function as it did while it was in my main computer which is just acting as a DAC.

I am looking at these two cards:

Newegg.com - Creative 70SB088000004 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express 1x Interface PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Sound Cards

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

I’m not too worried about audio quality as I will still likely be running the digital output into my 0404 to perform the digital to analog conversion, but in terms of the other features of the card, does the Fatal1ty model provide anything other than the ghetto cover to justify the increased price? Does it have better components on the card?

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 3
There's really no difference between them besides the EMI shield and the onboard X-RAM (the normal Titanium doesn't have any).

Now, recently, Circuit City had an online sale. You could get the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro for the same price as the X-Fi Titanium. That's how I got mine. If that's still running, you may as well grab the Fata1ty Pro. If not, get the normal Titanium.

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 3
Hmmm, I didn't know that about the X-Ram. From the pictures on newegg it shows there being a RAM chip right next to the little processor on the card and I just assumed that is what that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back