X-Fi Titanium HD vs ODAC
Feb 22, 2016 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alec246

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.

So I have a X-Fi Titanium HD in my PC, which features pretty good electronical components, such as PCM 1794 DAC, PCM 4220 ADC,  JRC211D and LME49710HA Opamps. I also have an ODAC unit, which is currently the DAC I'm using together with my Schiit Magni 2 to my HD600.

Which is the better option regarding sound quality in your opinion? ODAC or the Titanium HD?

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 6
You own them both.
What do your ears tell you?

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the Titanium HD?

Do you plug the Schiit Magni into the Titanium HD's RCA jack, when using the HD600 with the Titanium HD?

Is your computer audio setup mostly for music or FPS gaming or movies or other?

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 6
The Titanium HD is clearly better than the ODAC. Didn't expect to find this, specially since the ODAC is so well praised, and the X-fi Titanium HD is made by a game Company. But there's a lot more clarity, punch, bass in the X-fi than on the ODAC.

I use the RCA Line out to connect to my powered speakers and to my Magni 2.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 6
  The Titanium HD is clearly better than the ODAC. Didn't expect to find this, specially since the ODAC is so well praised, and the X-fi Titanium HD is made by a game Company. But there's a lot more clarity, punch, bass in the X-fi than on the ODAC.

I use the RCA Line out to connect to my powered speakers and to my Magni 2.

What program(s) do you use to play your music audio?

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #6 of 6
The X-Fi Titanium HD has a pretty amazing DAC onboard.  I have tried a number of others and always come back to it.  The main issue is the card being inside the computer, makes it more susceptible to background noise, electrical interference, etc.  That doesn't mean that will always the case though, and if it's not an issue in your current setup then I would suggest simply going with the X-Fi.  Also keep in mind that Creative isn't just a "game company".  EMU is also a part of creative and has long specialized in high-end and professional audio.  Many creative cards use EMU components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back