X-Fi Titanium HD US Release?
Aug 14, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Why would you want to give Creative money? They have only recently started making acceptable cards, and they've always had crap drivers.
They actually threatened to sue the guy that posted the fixed driver mods. Such an ungrateful, former monopoly don't deserve anyone's money.

At least their profit isn't as large when you buy an Auzen x-fi.

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 8
I've seen them for sale here in Japan, and they don't look too bad.  While it is nice to have switchable op-amps and most of the components on the card are better than anything else they've had in the way of an X-fi card (well, the Creative ones at least, with exception to the plastic shielding), at best it would only be comparable to a Xonar Essence for most uses.  I am currently using an Elite Pro, but my next sound card of choice will be the Essence.  If you really want one, you can always get one imported though!   Do you have any friends in Asia (preferrably military so they can ship it at domestic rates)?

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Here in Japan, their costs are the same (19,800円+/- approx. 210-220 USD).  For an extra hundred bucks, it would be a terrible deal for sure.  Even at the same price, the Essence is a better value.  It's hard to argue with a better card, even if the other has the CMSS feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back