X-Fi Titanium HD sample rate question, ASIO Foobar
Jan 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zoolzoo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. Ive been lurking for a while, but I figured I would join to ask this question after my google searches have failed.

My set up is:

Titan HD line level RCA out --> Schiit Magni amp --> headphones

I am in audio creation mode, bitmatched...

I have been messing around with ASIO in Foobar. I noticed that I cannot play 192000 hz files, which I accepted. There are some websites that say the max sample rate for the Titan HD is 192khz, while most say 24bit/96khz. A little confused, but whatever.

But I also get the same error when playing my 44.1 files. Why wouldnt this card support something lower than 96khz? Perhaps Creative was too lazy to include sample rates that arent multiples of the native 96khz or something (except 192 which I guess wont play because its too high)? Everything plays when using direct sound of course, but I wanted to give ASIO a shot.

I guess my question is, am I having a driver issue or did I over estimate the sample rates this card can actually output without upsampling/downsampling? Perhaps ASIO has a way of showing you what your card can really do. Otherwise, Im very happy with the sound quality im getting. Its just a pain to switch between DS and ASIO when clicking different files. 

Thanks in advance

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hi guys. Ive been lurking for a while, but I figured I would join to ask this question after my google searches have failed.

My set up is:

Titan HD line level RCA out --> Schiit Magni amp --> headphones

I am in audio creation mode, bitmatched...

I have been messing around with ASIO in Foobar. I noticed that I cannot play 192000 hz files, which I accepted. There are some websites that say the max sample rate for the Titan HD is 192khz, while most say 24bit/96khz. A little confused, but whatever.

But I also get the same error when playing my 44.1 files. Why wouldnt this card support something lower than 96khz? Perhaps Creative was too lazy to include sample rates that arent multiples of the native 96khz or something (except 192 which I guess wont play because its too high)? Everything plays when using direct sound of course, but I wanted to give ASIO a shot.

I guess my question is, am I having a driver issue or did I over estimate the sample rates this card can actually output without upsampling/downsampling? Perhaps ASIO has a way of showing you what your card can really do. Otherwise, Im very happy with the sound quality im getting. Its just a pain to switch between DS and ASIO when clicking different files. 

Thanks in advance

the creative asio works flawlessly on my exactly the same step up. what media player are you using with this?

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 5
  the creative asio works flawlessly on my exactly the same step up. what media player are you using with this?

Im using foobar. But JRiver behaves the same way when I use ASIO with that player.

Can you confirm you can play 44.1 and 192 khz files while using Creative ASIO in foobar?

Also, what operating system are you running and are you using RCA out on the card?

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 5
  I'm using foobar. But JRiver behaves the same way when I use ASIO with that player.

Can you confirm you can play 44.1 and 192 kHz files while using Creative ASIO in foobar?

Also, what operating system are you running and are you using RCA out on the card?

I know i can defiantly play 44.1 and can't see why you would want to go above 48k as most music is recorded at 44.1. the maximum the titanium hd does does is 96k according to the specs and yes im running out the rca jacks.im running under windows 7

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 5
  I know i can defiantly play 44.1 and can't see why you would want to go above 48k as most music is recorded at 44.1. the maximum the titanium hd does does is 96k according to the specs and yes im running out the rca jacks.im running under windows 7

It ended up being a driver issue. A reinstall fixed this. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back