X-Fi Titanium HD headphone amp?
Oct 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
No, while this card does have a dedicated headphones output, it does NOT have a dedicated amplifier circuit.

It's too bad it took so long for me to figure this out. Definitely not keeping it now and it's sat on my desk for nearly a week! I guess my Schiit Asgard will have to do for now.
Seems kind of weird seeing a sound card for $200 that doesn't have a dedicated amp on it for headphones.

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
It's too bad it took so long for me to figure this out. Definitely not keeping it now and it's sat on my desk for nearly a week! I guess my Schiit Asgard will have to do for now.
Seems kind of weird seeing a sound card for $200 that doesn't have a dedicated amp on it for headphones.

I just read through this whole thread and I can't believe you never bothered to just plug the thing in and try it out to see what it sounds like on your phones. You could still return it if you decided you didn't like it ... Why would you just post about it here and not listen to it for yourself when you had it sitting on your desk for a week as you say?

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #19 of 23
I just read your review,it was out only yesterday,wow! I just picked up this card yesterday.. Its very nice..I have a razer barracuda also and they are actually pretty comparable.. I thought it had a headphone amp? Guess not? Powers my DT 770 pro 80's pretty well.. Have you tried the Barracuda ac-1?

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
I just read your review,it was out only yesterday,wow! I just picked up this card yesterday.. Its very nice..I have a razer barracuda also and they are actually pretty comparable.. I thought it had a headphone amp? Guess not? Powers my DT 770 pro 80's pretty well.. Have you tried the Barracuda ac-1?

You just picked up the card yesterday?  You said in the other thread which was Dated Dec 23 that you already had the Titanium HD and your AC-1 is better to you. See Here:
Quote:
If your saying the Barracuda can't compare,then there is something wrong with it. I have the cuda and titanium hd and the cuda was clearly better.. I also tried the xfi forte and did not see any need to upgrade to that from the cuda,cause it wasn't an upgrade..

So, which is it, either you had the card last week or just got it yesterday?

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #21 of 23
I have the HD. Pushes my Audio Technicia A700's great ( i guess. sound amazing ).  If anyone has any questions, throw em my way. I believe im going to pickup the valhalla amp and run the amp between my card and my cans. then, some akg 701s :p

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #22 of 23
Hello Head-Fi'ers, I am new to Head-Fi but have lurked here for a long time when it came to looking for budget headphones a while back  Sony MDR-7506 is what I went with and the other day I built a new PC and put the Titanium HD in it after reading reviews & seeing some user feedback. Based on what I heard the card contains NJM4556A dual op-amp two National LME49710 op-amps and a Burr-Brown PCM1794 DAC whether this information is accurate or not I am uncertain after ROBSCIX's comment and assuming his experience.

Has any one else heard of such circuitry on the card ? I am using it with my MDR-7506 which arent very hard to drive but I still notice an incredible difference over my old Fatality X-FI card & my HT setup. Soundstage seems to be trying to peek through now rather than non-existent, overall sound is warmer and accuracy is much better (my headphones seemed to tone down the bright sound signature they are known to have in the highs), while i don't see much in terms of a volume increase they certainly sound 5-10 times better than plugged to previous sources. Feel free to ask any questions & share your opinions.

May 18, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #23 of 23
i have carefully listened to these combinations:

X-Fi HD rear headphone jack -> Westone 4
vs
X-Fi HD rear headphone jack -> 1/8" mini to 1/8" mini -> Graham Slee Voyager -> Westone 4

and i haven't noticed any significant difference at all. in all honesty, i can't say what sounds better. however, i have noticed a huge difference when i tested my Sansa Fuze -> Westone 4 vs Sansa Fuze + LOD -> Graham Slee Voyager -> Westone 4.

i have concluded that it's not worth it to plug in my portable amp to my sound card, so i'll just keep it together with my mp3 player as a portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back