X-Fi Prelude + Digital Out
Jan 10, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 4
No. Well none that are easily done anyway. Using digital out just sends all the data to another device for conversion.
If you need better sound quality the only thing you can do is buy a better device or improve the circuit your connecting the card to.
Do you have the possibility of going analog as it might provide better sound quality depending on the unit your connecting to.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Nah I wasn't looking for much, I was just curious. I am still at a stage where when i make additions its stuff I didn't know I really wanted.

I kind of figured there wasn't much that could be done via digital out. My amp has red/white connectors(and a 3.5mm---->RCA cable) but I don't hear any difference between Analog and digital through it.

I dunno really, I wouldn't mind upgrading my front/left analog connection but for the price of an OPAMP to match my DT770 Pro's I don't know if I would be better off buying a different source + upgrading that or upgrading my prelude.

Since it is connected to an amp and not directly to the sound card would there even be any difference by upgrading the analog L/R connection. (My amp is not the upgradeable type, though I plan on getting a second one solely for music and use this one solely for gaming as it has DH emulation).

I am still in a state of
confused_face_2.gif
when it comes to audio equipment.

To consolidate threads, I was thinking of picking up a Zero DAC, which path would be better.

Prelude(Digital Out + Bit-Matched stream) ---> Zero DAC
or
USB Out ---> Zero DAC

Prelude on vista has to do Dolby digital live to keep that in mind. Don't know how that effects SQ(I know it adds slight latency which I don't notice)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back