X-Fi not bitperfect?
Sep 15, 2006 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DoYouRight

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok so im using my computer for music, movies, and some gaming but i dunno. Anyway. From what Ive gathered the av710 is bitperfect but not good for games or dvds. So Im gonna get an X-Fi since it seems more suited to what I need. But I is it bitperfect? I have like 70gbs of music. None is loseless (yet). Most of it is 192kbps-200something vbr. Anyway, if its not bitperfect what should I get?

Im getting a headfive (my first amp) and I am not gettin a dac yet. I like bass and to "FEEL" the music and sound in movies. So if the X-Fi is the best for that word.

Also, I dont even have a sound card atm. I threw it away (old turtle beach santa cruz) cuz I had been using a headset with a usb sound card. So I have another question. If you get a dac with usb does that mean you dont even need a soundcard?

Thanks
-Evan

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 4
The X-FI is bit perfect if set to 44K.

MP3 not so bit perfect since they are lossy to begin with. Lossless and CDs played on your PC without 24 bit options enabled are bit-perfect.

Yes if you get a USB DAC you don't need a sound card.

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the info man
basshead.gif

For the Headfive and HD595s (darth beyers around xmas) what usb dac would you think fit well?

How bout this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...MP=OTC-Froogle

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Not that one
wink.gif

If you are going Corda you might as well go Aria for a better amp than the Five and a good DAC onboard. FYI your X-Fi will be as good as any ~$200 states side DAC. If you look to the East you will find many inexpensive options that best the X-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back