X-Fi Mic + Digital Out at the same time?
Dec 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

juswyq

100+ Head-Fier
Is this possible? I use the mic very often for skype, yet i need the digital coaxial out to connect to my ZERO dac.

I was thinking of using the AD_EXT pinout... Is it possible to simply connect the pins to an RCA jack, and use that as a digital coaxial out? I've attempted it once but it doesn't seem to work. Am i missing something?

Thanks all.

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm not sure about the OP's question, but you could circumvent the Mic+Digital Out issue if you have onboard audio on your motherboard by plugging your mic into your onboard sound card and setting the default recording device to your onboard in Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices.

If you don't have onboard audio you could always buy a cheap $10 sound card and install it for mic functions.

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure about the OP's question, but you could circumvent the Mic+Digital Out issue if you have onboard audio on your motherboard by plugging your mic into your onboard sound card and setting the default recording device to your onboard in Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices.

Hey, thanks! I wonder why I didn't think of that myself. This probably saved me a good bit of money, assuming that the onboard mic input will prove to work alright.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back