x-fi extreme gamer vs extreme music, quick plz
Jun 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SavageThrash

New Head-Fier
Well im about to run out to the computer store and have the option of the x-fi extreme gamer or the extreme music.

Which one is better and why, the extreme gamer is only about $5 more then the music so price is not an issue. I just haven't been able to find a good comparison between the 2 cards and they almost seem the same.

Some quick help/opinions would be nice as i have to leave in about 45 mins
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't think the Xtreme Gamer has anything that the Xtreme Music does not have. I would buy the Xtreme Music unless you are able to confirm that the Gamer has something else you want in it. I think they have the same DACs and connections. Avoid the Xtreme Audio, as it has an inferior DAC.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Get the Xtreme Music, especially if it's cheaper. The only two real differences are 1) Music has gold plated jacks and 2) Music has the external port for the breakout box. Other than that, they are the same card (the Gamer has a bit of a reworked board if I'm not mistaken).

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 8
There's one thing I don't get; whats the 200$ USB version have over the 100$ pci version? Mobility or something?

Jun 4, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's one thing I don't get; whats the 200$ USB version have over the 100$ pci version? Mobility or something?

USB
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back