X-Feed Mk. III and Gilmore V2
May 16, 2003 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Abuhannibal

100+ Head-Fier
Just got both of these and haven't had a chance to listen yet.... however, I wanted to let interested parties know that the RCA jack spacing on the Gimore's inputs is the same, or microscopically close to being the same, as that of the outputs on the X-Feed, so anyone who is interested in using them together can forego the cost of an extra set of interconnects and just connect the two units with a pair of good male-male RCA adapters.

OK, so maybe this isn't news of earthshaking proportions, but I figured somebody out there would want to know.

Listening reports to follow.
smily_headphones1.gif

-- Bob

May 16, 2003 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 16
Congrats! Another amp on my "must hear" list.

Just the comment about attaching the X-Feed directly to the RCA jacks.. isn't the X-Feed somewhat heavy, and if so, wouldn't it put a heavy strain on the RCA jacks? Just a thought.

May 16, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 16
May 16, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 16
Fiddler,

The X-Feed is pretty light, so with reasonably tight-fitting male-male RCA adapters such as those from Phoenix Gold (which I think are the same ones Rat Shack sells) it all works quite well. I don't think physical stress will be a problem except in really extreme cases, but if in doubt you can always prop up the X-feed a bit. I think that a piece of mouse pad or something else about 1/4 inch thick would do it.

Enjoy,

Bob

May 16, 2003 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 16
Is your X-Feed mk. III in a metal or plastic case? I bought the mk. III when it was still in a plastic case and it is very light. But I wonder if the RCA out spacing is the same for both the plastic and metal cases.

I recently sold my MG Head OTL to upgrade and your idea is interesting since the Gilmore V2SE (SA, Max or whatever it is being called these days) is on my short list.

May 17, 2003 at 5:04 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Abuhannibal
...I can easily measure the distance between the RCA jacks of the Gilmore and let you know.

That would be very useful. I am still considering purchasing a Gilmore V2-SE.

May 27, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Abuhannibal
I can easily measure the distance between the RCA jacks of the Gilmore and let you know.

well do that already!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 27, 2003 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 16
just don't start to "have life" again, K?
smily_headphones1.gif

remember who you are, head-fier!

May 27, 2003 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 16
Abuhannibal
HI: Hey that looks like my amp and X-feed. LOL. I would like to thank you fore the pics. I kept from buying the X-feed because I didn't want to buy another set of 95.00 ics but when I read your post and saw the picks I ordered the X-feed from the UK. I think it is alummin. It is very light and I got the Double male RCA 2 at rat shack. My amp looks just like the pics and thank you again. It is a great fit.
PS
I noticed that the one in the pic. has a yellow sticker. The one that I just got today has a blue sticker. I wounder if that means anything?

May 28, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

I noticed that the one in the pic. has a yellow sticker. The one that I just got today has a blue sticker. I wounder if that means anything?

Yeah. He probably ran out of yellow stickers
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wordsworth

May 28, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #15 of 16
LTC,

I'm pretty sure the different color stickers don't mean anything - anyway, I still haven't had ten minutes to measure the distance between the RCA's - can anyone else help? Antness, Pink Floyd??

- -Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back