X-can v8P vs X-can V8
Apr 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 23
Should I unplug my headphones everytime I switch my amp on? It makes pretty awful noise(clicking kind of) and hiss when I turn amp on and the headphones are connected, even with volume at zero. Is it normal to tube amps?

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 23
Yeah all my tube headphone amps make a click. I haven't used my X-Can as much recently, but plan on hooking it back up soon.

As a side note, does anyone want an extra pair of stock X-CanV8P tubes?

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #20 of 23
That is interesting about the Fine tuning service. I had decided to use it only once my X-CAN was out of warranty and something went wrong with it.

I think that X-CANS DAC is perfectly acceptable. The Firestone Fubar and Supplier added more dynamics and soundstage, but otherwise they are much of a muchness.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 23
It seems people aren't feeling the love with the V8P, no idea why it isn't more popular because it's an incredible amp for the money. The sheer amount of detail compared to my LD MKIVSE is no match, the V8P is so much more revealing.

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems people aren't feeling the love with the V8P, no idea why it isn't more popular because it's an incredible amp for the money. The sheer amount of detail compared to my LD MKIVSE is no match, the V8P is so much more revealing.

Yeah IMO it's a far more detailed sound and a lot more relaxed sounding, I guess you can say more effortless?

It's too bad the X-CanV8P was discontinued though... That's a shame! It was my gateway drug to headphone amps.

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the love is there for the headphone amp, less so for the DAC and I have not come across anyone who uses the pre-amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back