X-Can V8 capable to drive K701?
Dec 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jark

Head-Fier
Hi all, about a week ago I bought a Musical Fidelity X-Can V8 amp to drive my Denon AH-D2000 and I think that is an incredible match. I can't be more pleased with this sound, it is smooth but very detail and clear at the same time, and with a very good separation. I really love this amp because I think that drive the Denon to their full potential.
The thing is that I'm planing to get also the AKG K701 so I'm not quite sure if the V8 will be capable to run this headphone as good as the Denon. I've been searching on the web and their is a lot of opposite comments about this. Some say that is a match "made in heaven" an others, like Marcus from headphonic, say that I will need a significantly better amp. So I really don't now what to expect. I will definitely keep the V8 for the denon but I really don't want to expend more money...(for now).

cheers!

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 8
My V8 easily drives the K701.

Just one thing about the K701 though. Don't be too tempted to listen straight from new. Via the V8 they can be glassy to say the least.

They take a long time to bed in. I have had mine on pink noise since I got them and they have definitely changed. They have become a tad warmer with slightly more slam. They sound really stiff out of the box.

Now, I love the sound of the K701 with the v8, although the headphones will show every flaw in your front end with such clarity, it can be a bit of a shock at first.

The separation from new is also so wide that you feel as though there is a hole in the middle of your head. This also improved for me.

So the answer is, the V8 easily drives them and sounds good ..... in the end.

Ian

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes it can fully drive them with authority. It gives them all the juice they need.

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks!...I will definitely buy the K701!!
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back