www.head-direct.com: Agency of YUIN, VSONIC and PHIL AUDIO
Jan 13, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 29
I'll be at the Philadelphia meet. I listen to music throughout the day while at work using Shure E4s. However, because of the isolation provided by the Shures, I sometimes miss phone calls! I'd make great use of PK1s, which would let me listen to music and still here the phone ring.

Jan 27, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 29
Hi, I will be attending the new york meet and I think I am very suitable for the PK2 earbuds because I am always looking for IEM alternatives that wont get me run over while walking around because I didnt hear a truck coming (which almost happened a couple of times with the shure e2cs). Also, I am an extrememly poor student that cant afford a portable amp yet but want a good portable sound. I want to get rid of the cruddy sony earbuds that came with my dad's mp3 player!

Jan 27, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 29
I am the new and happy owner of a pair of PK2. I've posted on the main Headphone Forum, asking if anyone could point me to Frequency Response Graphs for the PK2, PK1, and received no replies. Has Yuin measured and plotted such graphs, and, if so, can these be made available? I'm hearing in the PK2 aspects of sonic beauty that, previously, I had considered to be the hallmark of my SR225, and other aspects of sonic beauty that I'd only previously heard from my Ety ER4S. The PK2 has managed, somehow, to merge sonic strengths of these two favorite phones of mine. Needless to say, I LOVE the sound of the PK2's. I would surely be very interested to see the Frequency Response Graph for it.

Jan 27, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #20 of 29
sbulak, we will be measuring these cans soon and will post the measurements in one of the open forum threads. But I expect them to be very good as I hear these cans as sounding extraordinarily good for ear buds, and, in fact, quite good on an absolute scale. I too would put the sound I'm hearing somewhere among the second tier cans---HD595, grado 125, etc.---which would mean (if I continue to feel that's where the performance is with these cans) that they are worth what you pay for them.

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #21 of 29
That's great news, Tyll. I'll wait patiently for that info while I kick back and enjoy these PK2's. Tyll, you and HeadRoom are surely exemplary members of our headphone audio society. Many thanks.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #24 of 29
I'm attending the Boston Meet on Feb 11 and i read about this generous offer. Basically, I've been an iem user for a while. I liked iems a lot, until the winter that is. It is super frustrating to be using them in the winter when you've your bulky down jacket and messenger bag and trying to get on the bus in the morning rush hour. It's a pain to have the jacket tug on the iems and then pulling it out and reinserting them again on the bus. I wish there's an easier alternative.

Earbuds are the natural solution. The only problem is, there hasn't been one that's of quality. The yuin has been compared to the likes of the hd595. The 595 has been my benchmark for balance among headphones and if the pk2 sounds remotely close to the 595, then i'm excited. It would solve every problem i have plus good sound quality. Then i can stop using the crappy ipod earbuds during winter.

See you at the Boston meet! =)

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #25 of 29
9.jpg

I am testing the Custom earpieces from http://www.customearsets.com/, a professional hearing aid and pro-audio company located in NYC midtown. Starting their bussiness more than 20 years, they help a lot of famous artists doing their customer earpiece.

The earpieces improves PK2 a lot. With the earpiece PK2s are Shure-like sound, very very nice. Bass is improved and there is much more detail at mid range. When PK1s working with those earpiece, there are more details than PK2(with earpiece). For PK1, the bass part is a little too much, but this problem can be solved by adding resistors and controlling the length of the in-ear-tube. After I connect 75ohm ER4P-4S adaptor to those custom-IEM-PK1s, booming bass vanished. Sound become balance, neat, smooth and detail.

They ask $105 for each pair. Headfiers can call them and tell them you are head-fi member and maybe they will give you some discount.

RADIO PARTNER CUSTOM EARSET, INC.
243 W. 30th Street
New York, NY 10001
1-800-321-3364 / 212-967-7628
Fax: 212-967-9609
Reviews:
http://www.customearsets.com/Reviews/reviews.html

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 28, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #28 of 29
I won't do any butt kissing, but I'll tell you how it is. I'm looking for a canalphone for biking or when I don't feel like messing with putting in my IEMS because I may not have the conveneince of just working away and needing to pay attention to what's going on around me (contantly having to turn down the volume or take them out of my ear to hear what somebody has to say, like in a work environment).

I dunno if that meets your requirements, but I'de like to give them a shot.

May 8, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #29 of 29
Ummmm Ummm. I’m on my second order of PK1s (another for the person I love most -- mother’s day). Not only are these the best earbuds I’ve ever had the pleasure of listening to, Head-Direct’s customer service is flawless. Fast e-mail response and they always let know how your order is doing. No gimmicks, this company and their earbuds are B-E-A-Utious!

As Oicdn said, no butt kissing, just fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back