WTB Right Ear of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10
Oct 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

inc1dent

New Head-Fier
Hi all-

I recently bought a new cable for my TF10s. Woooo! Yay!! Hurrah!

Sadly, as i was changing the cable (gently, I assure you) the right socket came out of the earphone  (see pic 
confused_face_2.gif
). After having multiple lengthy conversations with reps at Logitech, they have revealed to me that they can't do anything for me and basically told me to cut my losses and trash the set. I REFUSE. 

I waited until I was absolutely sure that Logitech couldn't help me before I resorted to this: taking the ultimate ears apart at the seam and trying to re-attach the red and green wires to the circuit board.  AND? It worked... kind of.  I had very very minimal sound.  Which is a win in that I restored sound where there previously was none.  However, it was not even close to the quality or volume of the other side of the IEM and so it's not really much of a solution at all.  I have neither the cash nor the resources to reshell these, and purchasing another pair would be insanity (especially considering their customer service). 

And so, with a perfectly functioning left earpiece and a wonderful, new, custom upgrade cable from the ultimate ears I ask the wonderful people of head-fi  (you guys) - do you have a working right earpiece, and are you willing to sell it to me?  

Thanks.

P.S If not, any advice on some comprable IEMs ($250 or less) that I should consider when I'm able to buy some? 

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow... That SUCKS!!!

Perhaps you should phone them back, and tell them you took their advice.

That you bought some Etys, and that you would like to talk to their supervisor to thank him for the great advice you were given.

I hope it works out, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back