WTB PC Sound Card that has Optical input
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

s8n

New Head-Fier
hi members ,  im looking for a PC Sound Card that has Optical Input.  What i want to do is the following Game Console HDMI > TV > TV Optical Out > PC Sound Card > Equalizer APO > Rega DAC USB > Denon Amplifier > Cerwin Vega speakers.

anyone have any suggestions for a Sound Card that supports Optical In ?

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I believe the Diamond DIXS71 HD ($60) comes with optical (S/PDIF) input.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1012795-REG/diamond_xs71hd_xtreme_sound_24bit_pcie.html

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Sound Blaster Z series have optical input as well. However they (like most other soundcards, including the Diamond afaik (checked the C-Media specsheet and that appears to be true)) will not accept and decode AC-3 or DTS bitstreams via S/PDIF input - they can pass them through to their S/PDIF outputs (but I doubt your EQ and Rega DAC can handle them), but if you want decoding for processing/etc you will need to send a PCM bitstream from the source (which every game console with HDMI or TOSlink output that I'm aware of, can do).

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 6
  hi members ,  im looking for a PC Sound Card that has Optical Input.  What i want to do is the following Game Console HDMI > TV > TV Optical Out > PC Sound Card > Equalizer APO > Rega DAC USB > Denon Amplifier > Cerwin Vega speakers.

anyone have any suggestions for a Sound Card that supports Optical In ?

What model Denon amplifier is it?
Is it a 2.0 or 5.1 or other speaker setup, with the Denon?

You might be better off buying something like the SMSL SD-192 Pro optical DAC ($50)
Or spend more for a DAC if you prefer.
Run optical from the gaming console to the optical DAC, then analog from the SMSL to the Denon.
Will not give you any surround sound, just basic two channel stereo audio

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 6
hi guys thanks for your help ,  i should have mentioned what im trying to achieve.............

i want my Consoles audio to go through my PC and then Equalizer APO kick some ass and then output it to my speakers ,  the key is getting Equalizer APO to process the sound

my setup is a Denon AVRX1100W amp and 2.0 speakers btw , i also have Sennheiser HD 650's as well but looking to upgrade some time soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back