WTB MDF cut to size for DIY Flexy Rack in Los Angeles?
Dec 15, 2003 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Anyone know of a good place in Los Angeles, preferrably close to South Bay, that sells MDF that will cut it to a specified size? And possibly Drill a few holes too with a drill press? I want to make a DIY flexy rack. Or maybe a custom kitchen counter top place? Maybe I could make a Flexy rack from Granite, Marble, or Corian. OSHA regulations makes it nearly impossible to find a place that will cut the stuff for you. (no Home Depot or Lowes, they won't cut the stuff)

-Ed

Dec 17, 2003 at 8:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Bump.

Really no place that will do it?

-Ed

I find it strange that they would not cut it for you. Anyway, perhaps you could try a small store instead of a big chain. Or try and cut it yourself, it's not that hard, even if you only have a saw and no other tools.

Dec 17, 2003 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 5
California State Government has strict filtration and dust collection regulations dealing with MDF. So many of the larger chain hardware stores simply do not cut MDF at all, because they don't want to invest in the proper equipment.

When I lived in Ohio, you could get MDF cut to size just about everywhere.

-Ed

Dec 17, 2003 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
California State Government has strict filtration and dust collection regulations dealing with MDF. So many of the larger chain hardware stores simply do not cut MDF at all, because they don't want to invest in the proper equipment.

When I lived in Ohio, you could get MDF cut to size just about everywhere.

-Ed

Well, California always has weird regulations somewhere. Maybe you can get another type of wood cut instead. Oak perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back