WTB high quality 1/4male-to-1/8female adaptor
Feb 1, 2006 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

boochydog

New Head-Fier
i want to use this adaptor to connect a mini-to-mini cable from my 1/4inch headphone outlet on my home cd player to the 1/8inch outlet on my soon-to-be-purchased hornet and my k701s. i plan to also use this mini-to-mini cable to connect my ipod to the hornet via the turbodockII when i am one the road.

does anyone have a suggestion for the subject adaptor?

thanks, kirk
580smile.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 7
i know someone has advice to add here. if not an adaptor, how about a suggestion for a 1/4male to 1/8male 6inch cable to hook the hornet to my home cd player for approximately $25.

thanks!
580smile.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 7
i guess that gets to another question i have. i have pasted a copy of what i sent to ray concerning the hornet. if anyone here cares to respond too, that would be great. i just want to ensure the coaxial digital 75 ohm RCA output will work the same way as the standard RCA outputs for the hornet.

ray-

hi. i am getting ready to purchase the hornet from you, but want to make sure of one thing first. my home cd player has two RCA outputs that i use to go to my receiver, plus one RCA coaxial digital 75 ohm output. can i use the RCA coaxial digital 75 ohm output to go straight to the 1/8in input of the hornet? is this a better solution than having the output come from the cd player headphone 1/4in jack? should any RCA-to-mini cable work for this type of hookup, or do i need a special coaxial digital cable to get the best performance? i just want to make sure the hornet can work with a digital audio interface and that i do not screw up anything with it.

this is all new to me, so thanks for your assistance. kirk
580smile.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 7
First of all, the coaxial --> Hornet won't work. You havea digital out and a analog input which is going to amplify that signal. Somewhere in there you'll need a DAC (digital to analog converter). I would just use one of your RCA outs to connect to the Hornet via a RCA to mini cable. That's what I have done.

Feb 3, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 7
PFK-

Thanks for the input. Can I use an RCA splitter so that I can still have both L and R outputs going to my reciever along with one to the Hornet? Does it matter at all which RCA output (L or R) I have go to the Hornet, or is performance affected at all by only having one RCA output used for the Hornet? Thanks.

Feb 3, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by boochydog
PFK-

Thanks for the input. Can I use an RCA splitter so that I can still have both L and R outputs going to my reciever along with one to the Hornet? Does it matter at all which RCA output (L or R) I have go to the Hornet, or is performance affected at all by only having one RCA output used for the Hornet? Thanks.

In order for the Hornet to have a stereo signal, both channels from the regular RCA CDP output (L & R) will need to be plugged into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back