WTB: Fullsize for mobile use, circumaural, maybe semi-open, ~200€
Sep 25, 2015 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Tordenskjold

100+ Head-Fier
I use my HD25 underways and a K701 at home...The HD25 leaves something to be desired in comparison, even though I love it's lower bass and punchy presence. 
Ideally I'd plug the new one straight in my Blackberry like I can with the HD25.

First of all I live in Europe, so: NO GRADOSthey're hideous anyways

Mostly I listen to classic orchestral music (about 60% of the time), followed by metal of various kinds (25%) and jazz (10%). Sometimes I like a bit of psytrance or goa, but the ones I own have that one covered nicely.

I commute for about 1 hour daily with public transport, and while I don't give a **** about what the plebs might hear I don't really want to hear them all that much, so some isolation would be nice, and a bit of the old Ludwig van puts me in the mood for work real horrorshow.

I suck at describing sound, but I'll try. 

Bass: the HD25 shows how it's done. Tight, fast, punchy and precise, no bloat and no indistinct rumble (now if it only had at least some headstage)
Lower extension is important to me, the first time I listened to a movie with the HD25 and there was a thunderstorm in it I involuntarily looked out the window...yep, that. 

In the middle I'd prefer neither a bloat (as the K271 seems to have) nor a "bathtub" (like so many others seem to sport). No voice-optimized crap either, I almost never listen to music that would make this relevant. 

Treble: Here is where the HD is lacking and the K701 shines, this (and a headstage) is what I want on the move: clear, precise, almost crystalline, seemingly extending further than my ears can manage.

The whole thing I'd want to plug straight into my blackberry, a mobile amp is not on my list to spend money on. I have a budget of 200€, though less would be preferable. 

Ideas? Thanks in advance :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back