WTB Beyerdynamic DT 990 2005 ed.
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jtizzle

100+ Head-Fier
I can't post where this normally goes because I don't have 50 posts on this site and the moderators want to protect you all from me.

I have 31 positive feedbacks on ebay going back to July of 1999: chstob2weo

I have 14 positive feedbacks on audiogon dating back to March of 2001: j_thunders

I have transactions that can be verified on avsforum.com where I have been a member since 2002.

I can provide references, both personal and professional, and my curriculum vitae is available upon request.

I have cash money that I'd like to pay someone form a pair of the above headphones; I prefer to pay via paypal -- I'll pay the fees!

Must be in excellent 9 out of 10 condition (or better).

Thanks!

Edit: I can get these headphones new from B&H Photo for $275, shipped, so that is the price to beat.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 13
Go spam some of the other head-fi boards, it won't take long to get to 50
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 13
Like go say "hi" in 37 threads until I hit 50? I thought about that, and then I thought that while the mods might not appreciate this, they really wouldn't appreciate that.

Hopefully they will come up with a solution to their scammer problem that strikes more of a balance than this current policy. In the meantime, someone please contact me with a set of cans!

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Like go say "hi" in 37 threads until I hit 50? I thought about that, and then I thought that while the mods might not appreciate this, they really wouldn't appreciate that.

Well this certainly leaves good first impression of you as potential buyer.
smily_headphones1.gif
Its true that spamming on some threads just to get that 50 posts is certainly not what mods had in mind when they made this antiscammer thing.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this certainly leaves good first impression of you as potential buyer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you saying that it doesn't? Sometimes humor is hard to gauge through forums like this and I can't tell what it is that you meant.

I don't know what else to do here. As my feedback clearly shows, I am a hell of a guy and I doubt the moderators wanted someone like me to be caught up in their anti-scammer policy, which is why I predict they are going to let this thread to remain in this forum until I get a nibble, and then they can permaban me forever from here . . .

(pls don't, thx).

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 13
Apr 17, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #8 of 13
Why not put the WTB ad in your signature instead? Interested parties will PM you, and when you get 50 posts, you can make a thread in the For Sale / Trade forums.

And just for the record, no one is labeling you as a scammer just because you've joined in the last month. Its just for the safety of the community. By making a limit of 50 posts or one month join date, they hope to deter impatient scam artists who just want to list something, take your money and disappear.

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #9 of 13
Plus, he actually joined in January. That's 3+ months already.

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not put the WTB ad in your signature instead? Interested parties will PM you, and when you get 50 posts, you can make a thread in the For Sale / Trade forums.

And just for the record, no one is labeling you as a scammer just because you've joined in the last month. Its just for the safety of the community. By making a limit of 50 posts or one month join date, they hope to deter impatient scam artists who just want to list something, take your money and disappear.

Honestly, I really don't have that much to say around here. I made a couple of posts saying hi to some old e-audio friends when I got here and asking about a few things I needed to know a little more about, but I really don't want to waste bandwidth or my time chit-chatting and making small talk with folks just to get up to 50 posts. No offense is intended to anyone, I just don't have anything to say. For number two, people don't read signatures in the same way as they do threads. As such, an ad placed in my sig might get me a set of headphones by, say, what, 2025?

As far as the scammers are concerned, head-fi can run its site anyway it likes, but, IMO, they are never going to be able to keep fraud out of online sales transactions no matter how hard they try. Ebay has what amounts to a full time police unit that is dedicated to detecting and eliminating fraud, and they can't stop it. Audigon has about as much experience at it as anyone, and they can't stop it. So I have little faith that head-fi will ever be able to stop it either. The only protection that you as a potential buyer have is a feedback record from the seller, which is a form of verification, and your common sense. If there is no way to verify that the seller is who he/she purports to be, then it's simple -- don't buy from that person! It's just astonishing to me that in this day and age where fraud over the internet is so prevalent and widely discussed that people would need to be told this.

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #11 of 13
O.K. , I think you're sincere. See anything in my signature or profile, you may want to buy with paypal shipping included ? I'll accept your PMs jtizzle to discuss terms.

I am due to clear out some pristine gear to make way maybe for the Opera / D5000.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #12 of 13
This one is over.

A big shout-out to the mods for letting me violate the posting rules long enough to get hooked up with a new set of cans!

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying that it doesn't? Sometimes humor is hard to gauge through forums like this and I can't tell what it is that you meant.

I don't know what else to do here. As my feedback clearly shows, I am a hell of a guy and I doubt the moderators wanted someone like me to be caught up in their anti-scammer policy, which is why I predict they are going to let this thread to remain in this forum until I get a nibble, and then they can permaban me forever from here . . .

(pls don't, thx).

Didnt you read my post thru? I meant what I said. Cuz you werent willing to use lowly spam to get your post-count up, you receive my thumbs-up as good potentional buyer.

...and I would have putted tongue-emoticon or roll-eyes if I would have meant it as reverse-sarcastic comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back