Wrong direction can give you a BIG TROUBLE! (Real story)
Oct 3, 2007 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
Who would believe that switching fuse's phase can make it sound a lot difference...It used to give me a big nightmare just because I inserted fuse in wrong direction and this isn't voodoo T_T

The first day of grace m902's arrival, I replaced stock fuse with hifi-tuning and tried listening to it for the whole time. At certain point, I felt this amp isn't what I was searching for and tried to improve it as far as I could before looking for a replacement. After sending to the technician to see if there is anything I can improve it, he told me I may insert the top fuse in wrong direction. Once I switched the fuse direction and tried listening to this amp again, I was surprised. It sounds much more fuller, improved mid, better dynamic, longer roll-off time and more details. I never imagine just fuse's direction can give this big difference but the truth is the truth. I did this experiment to my friend not knowing which direction I inserted in and they all said ones I switched back sounds better.

Same goes to cables. Let me tell ya my real story. One day after receiving iMod Photo with ALO Super Cotton mini to mini cable, I tried it and found my previous bundled Panorama from iMod Photo is better. But when I try ALO cable again in opposite direction, it blowed my older Panorama away! Why? Don't ask me. I'm not Ken lol.

I hope this finding can be some good use for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back