Written data verification issue
Jul 5, 2008 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
Each program I've tried (Nero, sonic recordnow, Roxio Easy CD Creator) seems to almost always fail during file verification. (After creating a data DVD-R) The files appear to work fine, yet this keep happening. Why?

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I have this problem too quite frequently using kb3 under linux. I find that if I set the speed to the lowest possible it remedies this some times. Buying higher quality discs really helps though. When I have high end discs I never seem to get these errors, even when burning at full speed.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 7
I use Taiyo Yudens 8x DVD-Rs, and I usually burn at 4x. My writer can't handle less than that, which on a related note, I suspect for this predicament. It's always given me weird issues like refusing to eject a disc if I swap them frequently in a short period or one has some corrupt/broken data. It's on the latest firmware and works most of the time. (Of course, that pretty much applies to everything in my computer... sadly)

I'll do my next burn at 8x, hopefully that's work...

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 7
Peanut butter makes my hair turn green until midnight, so now i only eat it 5 minutes before midnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back