Wrigley’s Doublemint Kona Crème coffee gum
Sep 29, 2006 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Organizer for Can Jam '09
gum.jpg

It doesn’t seem appealing to my taste buds. I think this is taking the coffee crazy a bit too far.

Sep 29, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
It doesn’t seem appealing to my taste buds. I think this is taking the coffee crazy a bit too far.

Wow, thats insane... A friend of mine had me try some today, almost made a thread just like this

btw, it tastes absolutley horrendous. Put it in my mouth and I couldn't keep it in for much longer than a couple seconds. Made me want to puke.
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1979
Wow, thats insane... A friend of mine had me try some today, almost made a thread just like this

btw, it tastes absolutley horrendous. Put it in my mouth and I couldn't keep it in for much longer than a couple seconds. Made me want to puke.
frown.gif

Does it even taste like coffee?

Sep 29, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 9
If you posted this before I did, I would have thought the same thing. Strange coincidence.

I saw it at 7/11 tonight and thought it must taste like crap, but thought they must have done some sort of product assessment with taste testing. Guess not.

Sep 29, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
Does it even taste like coffee?

Yes it does, but much stronger than any coffee I have had, with a very large dose of sugar. Also, take into account I don't like coffee; this was beyond overkill.

Perhaps those who enjoy coffee will find it appealing, I sure didn't.

Sep 29, 2006 at 9:13 AM Post #6 of 9
Coffee, milk, and mint may work well together.

Stale coffee, milk substitutes (or maybe dried milk solids), and way too much sugar? No thanks. I do like Wrigley's main gums (the only ones in normal stores with real sugar, for one thing), and have been known to like how it mixes with coffee...but not in a small package.

The coffee flavor should be from hot coffee, the mint from several-minutes chewed doublemint or spearmint gum, and the milk flavor from cream, half&half, or whole milk.

I used to think honey mustard sauce (Boar's Head and similar excluded) was an unbearable abomination. Recent prepackaged food products have proven me or so very naive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back