wowie the Whisper 2000 !!!! :o
Jul 4, 2008 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nff

100+ Head-Fier
ho-boy what a peice of work this thing is.

the Amazing
WHISPER2000
so basicaly what this hunk of audio degradeing plastic is... is well a "Super Sensitive Sound Modulator!!!" so basicaly a portable mic and amp.. it runs on a 9v bat heres a picture
whisper-two-thousand.jpg

so i took it outside and noticed...... all i here is birds and white noise.... ok turn it up a little more and "KRSSSHRCHRSSSSHK" the thing starts crackleing at full blast. so i as quickly as i could took off the el-chepeo mono headphones.... so i ajust to a volume 50% louder that isent cracleing like a bowl of cereal. and almost exactly the same. white noise and high frequencys... ok so i start talking ... and it sounds not bad.. so swap headpnoes... i pluged my marshmellows into it and went out side again... ok so its not the crapy headpones... but by this time i noticed.... the source is only mono..... so i was like "hmmm earplugs. so i put in my nrr 30 foam green plug in my right ear and my marshmellow in the left and had a listen.... i nearly soild myself when i heard a van going by.. what a scary sound.

but given the age of the product you cant really bash it to much.... ok alot but still its as old as I am. 19yo aparently it was something like the first one of its kind.... and also i dident pay a cent for it.. went to the local rec depo and seen the box sitting on the shelf with the books and thought.... why not? so home it came... would be good if i ever want to listen to the birds with a background of white noise.... and scarry sounding vehicles passing by. i am going to have to take it for a walk at night and get back to ya on it.

now for my review on those mono el-chepo style headphones. well no bass mids suck but the highs are peirceing.. oh and did i mention they were mono? so no soundstage.

well anybody else have this thing that looks bigger than most portable amps.

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 3
lol yea its a peice of fecal matter. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back