Wow, Wooaudio 6 !
Nov 6, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #91 of 100
Yeah, use a nice steady pressure to push them in. It can be tight, so when you remove them you may have to wiggle them a little bit.

And yup, tubes get hot - just like an incandescent light bulb.

So how does it sound!

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #93 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8
Sounds exciting to me! I would like to read more of your impressions when you have the time. I would think there would be a good clean response to the musical signal from the configuration of this amp but listening will be the test.

Jamato8, Thank you very much! I have wa3 and wa6, in my opinion, both of them sound great, depend on my poor English, I just can say the wa3 sounds warm and soft, and the wa6 sounds dynamic and detailed.

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #95 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
YES !!!!!!!! THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

got a quick question : when I install the tubes, do I have to push them in all the way?

And it's been about 15 min since I turned the amp on....and the tubes are getting REALLY hot...is this normal?
biggrin.gif

Hi, Nichifanlema. The temperature of the bulb is above 200 degrees Celsius, be careful! It's normal. I want to know what model of the headphones you are using?

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #96 of 100
Another thing to think about is turning the amp on and off.

Tubes take a few minutes to warm up and a few more to sound their best. Also constantly turning them on and off shortens their life significantly. For this reason, some people leave them on all the time.
To me this is excessive. I turn mine on and off once a day. Leaving it on just seems a little over the top to me. As far as I know, in the golden age of tubes, people turned their equipment on and off just like we do today -- I never heard about people leaving the house or going to bed with their radios on all night. But don't take my word for it -- there are a lot of real tube experts around here...
All this has a pleasant side effect. I think it's conducive to longer, more meaningful listening sessions. Kind of the opposite of the instant gratification, short attention span, fast forward MP3 culture we live in today...
Warm 'em up, sit down, relax and Enjoy!

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #97 of 100
Your English is fine. Keep up the impression / description between WA3 and WA6. I had WA3 so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Two words I was hoping to hear..."dynamic and detailed". Soon as I return home from my business trip I will be placing an order
evil_smiley.gif

Thank you...thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iomusic
Jamato8, Thank you very much! I have wa3 and wa6, in my opinion, both of them sound great, depend on my poor English, I just can say the wa3 sounds warm and soft, and the wa6 sounds dynamic and detailed.

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #98 of 100
Hey, I've posted my initial impression of Woo 6 on a new thread...
very_evil_smiley.gif

but to summarize it in one sentence....I love it !
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #99 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by iomusic

After I did the modifications on my Woo 3 the detail and speed were there. What I like about the 6 is that it has separate tubes for each chanel reather than one dual triode tube. From what I have read on the specs of the dual triode in the 6, it should be a very good tube to use and from some good manufactures from the good days of tubes.

Nov 7, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #100 of 100
Thank you guys! I will write more about my experience.
I have never modified my wa3, I should change some tubes, 5998 or 7336, right?
I turn on the tube amp 15 minutes before I listen to it. I turn off it when I leave. the tubes on wooaudio are not expensive, but have good sound, it is one reason I love wooaudio so much. I dont care the lifespan of the tubes, for example, the 5ar4 is from $10 to $45, the 6de7 is about $8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back