Wow, Wooaudio 6 !
Nov 4, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #76 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by iomusic
First, I honestly apologize to Wei Wu again, but he doesn’t complain to me. He’s really a nice guy.
Yes, I am not only his neighbor but also his friend. When I moved to New York, I have to use the headphones because my room is too small. At that time, I met Wei. We made friends because of our common hobby. I’ve appreciated Wei’s handcrafted art very much since I first heard the WA1. So I bought the wa3, maybe I am the first buyer of that. Sweet!
My grandson has taught me how to use the Internet, so I often go to the forum. Wei always keeps very low key, so I decided to inform you guys about Woo’s latest information with my poor English. As I came back to see the thread again, I knew I had made troubles to him. Am I a stupid old FOOL?
I greatly wish this thread has not caused any negative effect to wooaudio. Again, I thank for Wei’s forgiveness. And thank my grandson for translating my meanings.

Iomusic, thanks for letting us know. But there is a little conflict of interest considering you live next to him and are his friend. Your review is not based solely on the product itself. I think it is better to identify yourself as a close friend of Wei.
I'm sorry too, I am one bitter dude and I started this trouble for you.

Nov 4, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #77 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto
Iomusic, thanks for letting us know. But there is a little conflict of interest considering you live next to him and are his friend. Your review is not based solely on the product itself. I think it is better to identify yourself as a close friend of Wei.
I'm sorry too, I am one bitter dude and I started this trouble for you.

No doubt a very perceptive discovery and observation.

As it turns out... there is a bit of a conflict of interest... but, that doesn't mean IOMUSIC's evaluation and observations regarding the performance of the WooAudio 6 are necessarily inaccurate, or that they should be discounted.

We, nevertheless, are still interested in any observations he may have regarding the WooAudio 6, which we'll carefully consider in conjunction with the observations of others, and in the light of his close relationship with Wei Woo, as well as, WooAudio's 15 day return policy.

I continue to believe that the WooAudio 6 will very likely offer great performance and value... consistent with the great performance and value of the WooAudio 3, but will do so with both Grados, as well as Senns.

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #78 of 100
Just wanted to add that I purchased 2 of the headphone stands in Black. They were shipped very quickly, and are quite nice. The base has a good solid feel with needed weight. I'm toying with making a wider wooden arched top piece and a bigger base to go under the aluminum one. Will post pics if I do so.

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #79 of 100
[size=medium]Go Team Woo Audio[/size]
eggosmile.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #81 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint_1
Hey nichi,

Did you get your amp today? I'd love to hear some impressions...

Unfortunately, no. I was hoping to get it today, but as today is Saturday, I was out of luck...

Oh well
frown.gif
I'll definitely have it in my hand on Monday....

I just hate wating!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #82 of 100
Bummer nichi, oh well, waiting builds character! (or causes unbearable pain).
It looks beautiful by the way! Love the brushed steel and the socket head screws. And it has an impedance selector on the back! -- Might be quite a badass with k701s or Grados.

Oh, and iomagic,
Don't worry, we all have our favorite gear... Thanks for keeping us informed. I always enjoy seeing new developments.

People are liable to be suspicious on these forums, so it's nice that you introduced yourself.

-Saint

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #83 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto
Iomusic, ...I'm sorry too, I am one bitter dude and I started this trouble for you.

Hi, Arnesto, forget it please!
I am so glad that so many people support me.
3000smile.gif
I use wa6 with hd650 and cd3000, it's more dynamic. The image of sound is more clear. And I have never heard the most real sound of cannons of 1812 before! Excited!

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #84 of 100
Sounds exciting to me! I would like to read more of your impressions when you have the time. I would think there would be a good clean response to the musical signal from the configuration of this amp but listening will be the test.

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #85 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Er..maybe wrong thread?
rolleyes.gif

actually no, wooaudio does make stands, as shown on the first page!
wa_stand_2silver.jpg

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #86 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
actually no, wooaudio does make stands, as shown on the first page!
wa_stand_2silver.jpg

Ah, I see
biggrin.gif
totally have forgoten about the fact that akwok posted pictures of the stand....

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #87 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Woo6 looks pretty simlilar to Woo3....

what's the difference?

btw, they are sooooooooo tempting......beautiful amps, I must say.

wa6_right.jpg

wa6_left.jpg

wa6_close.jpg

wa6_closeleft.jpg

wa6_back.jpg

wa6_internal.jpg

Woo Hoo I'm sooo tempted to buy woo product...

Nitche,
Did you get a few matching headphone stands?
What colour did you choose for your WOO incoming tommorow ?

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #88 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
Woo Hoo I'm sooo tempted to buy woo product...

Nitche,
Did you get a few matching headphone stands?
What colour did you choose for your WOO incoming tommorow ?

Nah, didn't get the headphone stands..I already have a wooden stand, so I don't think I'll need them.. although yes I must agree that they are quite beautiful
wink.gif

I chose silver for my Woo 6 ..thought it looked more prettier
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #89 of 100
Please stop posting. You guys are killing me. I would love to have one of these amps but there is no way I will order one while in China and it looks like I will be moving around a lot for a while. I really like the time period the tubes for this amp were made in, which is part of the best period with very experienced people on the line. Also this tube, the dual triode, from the specs, should be a good one. This amp should have very good drive capabilities and all I can do is read about it so please help me a little and post some impressions as soon as you can. I need my fix !!!

Nov 6, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #90 of 100
YES !!!!!!!! THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

got a quick question : when I install the tubes, do I have to push them in all the way?

And it's been about 15 min since I turned the amp on....and the tubes are getting REALLY hot...is this normal?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back