wow.. who knew
Aug 23, 2006 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

blinx

500+ Head-Fier
who knew that a simple amp like the PA2V2 can make such a difference on my SR-60's

i mean, wow.. at first it wasnt anything but a subtle change, then after an hour of music or so, cymbals just sounded... real like they do in real life

thanks head fi for helping me choose a cool little amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 13
Oh god...and so it begins!

Sorry about your wallet!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 13
I though the Pa2v2 would be my end all and that my Ipod was gonna always be good enough, then came a line out, then Flac, then A250s, then a little Dot2+, good luck.... your wallett will need it.
-greg

Aug 24, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 13
Yeah, I started out that way too. Some Rat Shack battery amp I suppose. Then I wanted more. I became power thirsty. Better, harder to drive headphones were tried. Then the amps to drive them with. Oh! And don't forget the sources. And what about paying off the people who mod the equiptment for you. I started robbing banks. Then stealing lunch money from the little kids going to school. Six failed marriages and my children that will no longer lend money to me. The addiction got worse. Special thick and pure cables were in order now, but running thin on credit cards (who's ever names were on them). I looked for the end of the month when the "Eagle" squats. Old ladies and the disabled would recieve their government checks and travel to the bank. They were easy prey, except for Thelma Broadbucket. Wow she can pack a punch.

To make a long tail of dissapointment short, I was finally convinced that I should get counciling. I recieved this advice from a "Crackberry addic". To this day I am greatful to him for his guidance. I am happy to report that I am better now and very happy with my Zana, EC2A3, EC Dual Mono, Super Macro,PA2V2, Modded Denon 3910, Modded Sony 9100ES, bunches of high end cables, and a whole crap load of high end headphones. But it's not the equiptment that matters. It's the fact that "the man who dies with the most toys wins". And I am in the running with a good chance at first place.
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx
who knew that a simple amp like the PA2V2 can make such a difference on my SR-60's

i mean, wow.. at first it wasnt anything but a subtle change, then after an hour of music or so, cymbals just sounded... real like they do in real life

thanks head fi for helping me choose a cool little amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Kiss your A** GoodBye!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 13
We'll be reading your future post with questions and reviews in time I'm sure.I myself simply cannot afford another thing-this is after purchasing 4 pairs of headphones,2 amps,various cables,new pcdp,,,,,,,got no choice-cant spend no more. But the burning fever of wanting more still cascades thru my mind as it will you and everone else.
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #9 of 13
Yep, amps really do make a big difference. I'm about to make the jump from a maxed out Pimeta to a Gilmore Lite (discrete class A design) which should in theory kill the Pimeta in nearly every department... of course there are synergy and preference issues to think about. Anyway, enjoy the PA2V2 and watch out for upgraditis!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 13
Hahah. Wow, I assume I'm the only one different then? I mean sure, I spend, and people look at me going "wow, you're so cheap, yet you spend all your money on audio gear." When I told them how much I paid for my ER-4S, nearly all of them had this look of somebody slapping them across the face hahah. And then I had to explain to them what a headphone amp was, and how I was justifying getting a lineout for my ipod. But regardless, I think I could only manage and need just one set of earphones and a single amp. I'm sure I might upgrade in the future, but not until there has been much much research done (took me a while to decide which one earphone would be worth my money, and believe me, I'm sure you know how hard that is heh). Nonetheless I am happy with my purchase, and am soon expecting the results to be amazing with the Go-Vibe 5, 24v elpac and maha 9.6v battery. The only other "extra" headphone I may pick up in the future is the px100 should I need an open set of headphones. In fact... I should do that soon before I lose my best buy discounts =P 79.99 reduced to literally half. Possibly the only decent thing in that store anyway...

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 13
After many year of collection Hi-End audio I do not know how much money I put into.

The best advise I can give you to save money is BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AT FIRST.... not the best deal!! Buy the best HEADPHONES YOU CAN (Grado, AKG or Sennhaiser) AND A GOOD AMP. I will save you a lot of money.

Wait if you get catch by Hi-End audio..... Only a pair of speaker can be beetwen 10.000 to a 100.000.-

BUY THE BEST YOU CAN ON HEADPHONES THIS IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GEY Hi-End............ For 1.000.- you can have almost everything TOP!! if you are a smart buyer.
GOOD LOOK, AND WELCOME

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauloramirez
After many year of collection Hi-End audio I do not know how much money I put into.

The best advise I can give you to save money is BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AT FIRST.... not the best deal!! Buy the best HEADPHONES YOU CAN (Grado, AKG or Sennhaiser) AND A GOOD AMP. I will save you a lot of money.

Wait if you get catch by Hi-End audio..... Only a pair of speaker can be beetwen 10.000 to a 100.000.-

BUY THE BEST YOU CAN ON HEADPHONES THIS IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GEY Hi-End............ For 1.000.- you can have almost everything TOP!! if you are a smart buyer.
GOOD LOOK, AND WELCOME

That is good advise!! I got close and felt the waters with a Creek 11 and HD555. At that point I could feel I was in deep trouble, it the intrest of saving money I bought the HD650's(althoe 580 or 600 would have been fine) and the MF X-CanV3 amp. I'm very happy with both.
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphael
HNonetheless I am happy with my purchase, and am soon expecting the results to be amazing with the Go-Vibe 5, 24v elpac and maha 9.6v battery. The only other "extra" headphone I may pick up in the future is the px100 should I need an open set of headphones. In fact... I should do that soon before I lose my best buy discounts =P 79.99 reduced to literally half. Possibly the only decent thing in that store anyway...

My dear fellow, you have only begun to spend.
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back